Chapter 30

Esme's POV

Throughout the morning, I kept getting 'congratulations Luna'... 'we're happy for you Luna'. I was getting quite flushed. The whole pack now knows Luciano and I have completed the mating process

When Luciano and I went jogging, it became weirder as people kept smiling at us. I was happy to be fully mated to Luciano. But we had a bigger problem at hand... Jefferson

Luciano and I have been getting information about dead pack members just outside the pack borders. I was worried and decided to go see my family.

"It's too dangerous orchid. You're not going to go there" my mate has been against my decision all morning and it was beginning to turn into a heated argument

"I want to go, and I need to go. I need to alert my family" I wasn't going to just sit here and do nothing. Erianna is already pregnant and I need to make sure my sister and her baby are okay.

"I SAID NO ESME, LET IT BE. YOU WILL NOT LEAVE THIS PACK'S BORDER. PERIOD!!!!" he yells at me with his alpha tone and I can't blame him, we've been arguing about this for an hour now, and arguing with me is pretty exhausting because I never give in. But I wasn't going to let him yell at me

"WHY NOT, YOU'RE ONE TO TALK... YOUR FAMILY IS HERE, IN THIS PACK. YOU KNOW THEY'RE OKAY. JUST LET me go, I need to know my family is okay. If you want you can go with me. But Alley and I are helpless not knowing our families are not aware of the impending danger. Please"

I start to yell then slowing calm down almost crying. Luciano moved closer to me and pulled me into a hug. "I'm really sorry orchid, I shouldn't have yelled at you. You can go, but after Fania's birthday. Danny and Fania can come with you. Give your family a call and tell them when you're coming, okay?"

I slowly nod and apologize for also yelling, he gave me a faint smile and kissed my forehead. Fania's birthday is 4 days from now as Danny's birthday is tomorrow. Preparations have already been made and of course. The girls and I are preparing too. We have our gowns ready. Erianna said she was coming and only the moon goddess knew how happy I was.

Danny decided the dress code would be blue, two piece gowns. It wasn't hard getting those dresses but what was hard was getting our sizes. Fania decided she wanted a simple colour, which obviously was black. I mean I like black, but it'll look like a funeral, but she was determined and I couldn't say anything

Both girls don't even seem to be worried about mates. Mostly because Danny feels her mate will be James and because Fania doesn't really seem to be bothered. 'Mates will always come, they're destined to be your partner for a reason, so they'll find you' she will always say.

I have the weirdest best friend circle ever. Alley is a don't look at me, don't touch me and don't mess with me kinda girl. One time she broke a guys wrist for tapping her shoulder. And he just wanted directions. I felt so bad for him, but it was also kind of funny.

Danny has always been an I'm really nice if you want me to be, that is if you approach me properly. If you don't, you'll hate me or yourself for life type of girl. Thats why Stella still runs away from Danny till date. It's a really funny story trust me

As for Fania, she's like really different. I'm plain and simple, just don't do the wrong thing around me, or get on my bad side. If you do, you'd wish you had met a demon instead of me. That's just how Fania is, out of all my friends, she scares me. Like this one time, she was drunk and a guy tried to take advantage of her. She legit snapped his elbow, how can a drunk person snap someone's elbow? It took months for him to heal.

As for me, I don't even know the kind of person I am really, but I do know just a teeny drop of violence runs in my circle. And our fighting strategies are crazy. Training was initially hard but we got the hang of it. I mean Chris is our trainer, it's bound to be helpful.

My relationship with Luciano has really elevated. He's even more protective than my dad used to be with me when I was a kid. I dread those days like crazy, he was always protective of Erianna and I. Ethan sometimes got jealous but he got used to it.

Luciano's family has also shown me lots of love too, and Stephan's family. Crazy how Alley and I are besties and 'cousins-in-law'. Really crazy. The girls and I spend the day together, training and talking. Then I spend my night times with Luciano.

I'm currently in the bedroom with Luciano, on the bed in his t-shirt and his briefs. He's been tossing grapes at me, I caught only a few in my mouth and I threw the rest back at him. I already changed my name and to be honest I'm a fan of long names. "Esmeralda Emily Everson-Luciano Calderon" or " Esmeralda Emily Calderon" I like how it sounds.

"What should we do now princess?" My most 'graceful' mate asked tossing me another grape. I was now fed up as I tipped the entire bowl over his head, and smirked at him. "I'm not quite sure" I inch closer to him as he cradled me with one hand and stroke my hair with the other. Running his fingers through the loose hair, tugging at the little, tangled curls as gently as he could

"I was thinking we just spend the night like this" he spoke up. I wasn't against it. We've been having countless rounds of sex and a sex-free night was what I was craving. "Not bad, it's better than yet another night of sex" I can feel him stare and smirk over my head. " You're the cockiest girl I know, you silly little orchid" he joked and he was only 40% wrong. Danny was cockier than I was.

"That's new, but it's not quite wrong" I say earning myself a bop on my nose.

Yes I'm back with a new phone, I had an issue with my other phone. Vote😚