Chapter 22

Esme's POV

I woke up and I felt completely different, first of my hearing was now a million times better. I could hear heartbeats from a distance. My sense of smell was even better, and my sight was now hightened. My brain was now at alert and I wondered what was wrong with me. I heard footsteps and I caught a whiff of a strong carnation scent and I was loving it. Just then Luciano walked in. "Good morning princess, how do you feel?"

"I feel... Different, what did the doctor say?" I asked as he stares at me just looking rather excited. He looked like he was literally going to explode. "Well baby, you had your first shift, and you got your wolf. She is beautiful, try to see if you can reach her in your mind. Just picture her in your head" I shifted? I was totally confused "princess, take things easy, you'll be okay. I can see that you're confused and you're trying to comprehend everything that I said. I'm here for you baby, always" I stared at him as I tried to reach my wolf in my head. I saw her, sitting on the ground. 'hey, I'm Enola and I'm your wolf. I've waited way too long to wake up. Luckily, I won't trouble you, we are one now Esme and I can see you've  found our mate'. I sat up and I was intensively hungry. "C'mon princess, your family is downstairs, they've been waiting for you to wake up"
________________________
Luciano held my hand and escorted me downstairs, everyone was waiting for me even his parents were here as well. "Good morning everyone" I was engulfed in a very tight bear hug. "We're so happy you're okay little sis" my brother said releasing me. "I'm so proud of you baby girl, you did amazing princess" my mum said as my dad patted my shoulder. "Yes dear, you were spectacular" Mrs Calderon said. My friends were all jumping around me and talking really fast I couldn't quite comprehend what they were saying. Even aunt Elena and uncle Steve were here too. "Esmeralda my darling, you have proven to be a strong young woman, I'm proud of you". She was always fond of calling  me my full name instead of just Esme, whereas uncle Steve was fond of calling me my middle name."Emily dear, it's good to see you again. So what's her name?" He asked referring to my wolf. "Her name is Enola"

Just then Aurora walked in and stopped in front of me. "Good morning Miss, you must be hungry, I've already made breakfast for you. Come along." "Good to have you back Aurora. How was your trip?" She started to tell me about it as I got to the kitchen and saw that even Merida was around. "Abuela" I yelled before hugging her, I sometimes call her abuela because she was like the grandmother I never got to meet, plus she was already part of the family. "Mi amor, I've missed you so much. How have you been?" I started to brief her about everything that's happened and she was only laughing. "Abuela, Why is everyone here? Even Aunts Kida and Mary are here. What's going on?"

"Ohhhh mi amor, Luciano invited everyone for your accepting ceremony today" what? I thought... "It was supposed to be on Saturday" what was abuela Talking about. "Today is Saturday princess, and you need to get ready, c'mon" how long did I sleep
________________________
It was 6:00pm and I was ready to be officially introduced to the pack. "You look stunning my little orchid" Luciano said I wrapped my arms around him and kissed him passionately. "Thank you Jeremiah" I giggled and he rolled his eyes. "Baby please don't call me that name, just Jerry is okay, really"

"Yeah right, shall we?" He held my hand as we walked downstairs. "Everyone in the pack is already outside alpha. They're all waiting for you and Luna to come out" I spotted my friends talking to their parents. "Thanks Sam, inform the others about it" Luciano made both of us walk up to my friends. "Aunt Enriqueta uncle José, meet my mate, Esme; Esme meet Mr and Mrs González" Luciano introduced. "It's lovely meeting you dear. I hear you're Fania's friend too, I've heard a lot about you" we talked for a while and it was time for Luciano to give his speech. "Werewolves of the crescent moon pack, thank you all for coming. We are gathered here for an introduction."
He got a bowl and took my hand, he slit my palm with a knife and he urged me to do the same. We joined our hands together as our blood dropped into the bowl. "I'm here to introduce you all to my mate and your Luna. Esmeralda Everson, daughter of the past Alpha of the blood moon pack" he finished and everyone cheered. My cut was already healing

"Welcome back my orchid" he said as everyone one came over for meets and greets

Esme's gown⬆️