Chapter 6

Esme's POV

We arrived at our special spot and the girls finally stopped and started to undress. They were finally unclad and the sound of bones breaking filled the air as they began to shift. I remember the time Alley had her first shift on our 16th birthday. The day I expected to get my wolf

Flashback
I woke up on my 16th birthday and I was really excited because I was going to get my wolf today. I dashed in and out of the bathroom and quickly put on my clothes. I picked up my phone and decided to call my bestie; "Happy birthday bestie" I said through the phone. "Happy birthday bitch" she said back making me laugh. "We'll see in school, yeah?" I cut the call after she had said yes.
_________________________________
It was now 7:00pm, Alley and I dressed up in rags and headed to the back of the pack house. After minutes of spilling tea, the full moon was already out. Alley screamed as her hand bent to an awkward angle; I stood back not knowing what else to do as I watched my best friend's bones break and rearrange into that of a wolf. After 10 minutes of shifting, Alley emerged into the most beautiful Ginger wolf I had ever seen. 'what was wrong with me? Why haven't I shifted yet? And why do I have this headache?' i thought to myself.
|End of flashback|

Nora had nudged my side meaning it was time to run. Nella and Melody ran ahead and Nora and I followed suit. We ran through the woods and I was even running faster, I caught up with Melody and eventually passed her, then I stopped at the pack's border

"What's going on Fania? You've gotten slow lately. Are you okay?" I asked in concern. Fania was always the second fastest. I was surprised to have run passed her. "it's nothing Esme, I'm just stressed out" "Whatever it is you need to take things easy, okay"

After saying bye to Danny and Fania, Alley and I headed home. Talking and preparing for our birthday. We decided to do it in the pack's grande Hall. It'll be better for the special ceremony of unmated wolves. It's a ceremony where all the unmated werewolves have to stand in a line and we have to walk in front of them until we find our mate. If we don't find them on that line, we may find them some other time. Its nothing to be sad about really.

I got home and hit the showers immediately, I was sweaty and hot and I needed to cool off. I got out and wore what I initially wore when I got back from school earlier and I headed downstairs for dinner. "Hola mi familia" I greeted in Spanish making my brother roll his eyes and Erianna laugh at both of us.

"Where are mum and dad?" I asked noticing their absence. "they needed to attend a pack meeting. About naming me alpha quite soon" his birthday is next week though. He'll be 21 and he's still immature. Just then Merida walked in with the food. We're having a Spanish meal, that's why I've been acting weird. "Gracias Mérida", "Esme that's enough, stop it". Why does he always have to be a kill joy, I mean c'mon. "Why do you have to be such a pain, I'm just trying to have some fun"

"Not everything is about fun, you have to take things seriously. You'll soon be 18 and you still act like a child" oh no he didn't. "I act like a child? You act like everything is war, you don't have to be so immature all the time. You tend to pick fights with everyone" I won't let him pick a fight with me, what's gotten into him.

"Maybe your childishness is the reason you don't have a wolf yet, ever thought about that?" Did he just... Ouch. "I think I'm gonna go to bed now, goodnight Merida, goodnight Erianna" I can't believe he just said that to me. Him? Of all people?! "Sis wait, I'm sorry I didn't know what got over me, I didn't mean to say that to you, I'm sorry". "But you did Ethan, and that's saying something" "Esme please I'm sorry, it doesn't..." I cut him off. "It's fine Ethan, I'll be in my room". "But what about your food, mi amor" Merida asked.

"I've lost my appetite" I said storming up to my room.

(Nella is Danny's wolf; Nora is Alley's wolf; Melody is Fania's wolf)
Please vote😘