Chapter 1

Esme's POV

I woke up to the smell of bacon and hot cocoa; 'Merida is probably already making breakfast'; I reluctantly got up and made my bed, then I headed to the shower and turned on the hot and cold taps, allowing the warm water to soak my long hair. After my bath I brushed my teeth; I got out of my bathroom, dressed up in a casual top and jeans with my boots and proceeded to check my phone and realized I got a text from Jack.

' Hey babydoll, I thought about you before I slept and you would not believe the dream I had of you. Call me '

Rolling my eyes I sighed. I had broken up with Jack right before the new semester had started. I'd be 18 by next month and would be getting my mate soon. Besides Jack already found his mate. He had even mated with her and marked her while still in a relationship with me. I couldn't let him cheat on either of us.

I shrugged off all thoughts of Jack, hopefully I'd give him a piece of my mind in school. I checked the time on my phone and realized it was 07:00am. "Ohh shit, I'm almost late". I tied my curly hair up in a bun as I raced down the stairs. "Good morning mum, good morning dad" I greeted as I walked over to sit down on the dining table. "Good morning princess", my parents said in unison making me giggle. "Did you sleep well", mum asked me, "yes mum, I did. How about you both?".

"We slept fine. Got any idea what's keeping Ethan?" Dad asked. I began to wonder why he was wasting time; "no Daddy, I don't know". Just then Ethan walks in chitchatting with Erianna as they take their sits. "Good morning mother and father", I often wondered why he had to be so formal with them. "Good morning son" Daddy replied; "Good morning Mama and Papa", Erianna finally spoke up. "Good morning my dear" mum replied; there was an awkward silence.

"Did you sleep well, Erianna?" I finally asked breaking the silence; "yes I did Esme". Soon after, Merida walked in as the smell of bacons increased. "Good morning Merida" we all said in unison as we often did whenever she brought in the breakfast. "Good morning everyone" she replied smiling as she set down the plates of hot food. We all dug in and continued with the usual dining chats. Dad and Ethan started their Alpha business talk, while mum and Erianna conversed about the fashion catalogues. I ended up thinking to myself, thinking about my mate, what he'll be like. ' I wonder who it might be. Will he be handsome? Or muscular? Or both? '. I didn't realize a smile had formed on my face. "So what do you think Esme", mum asked out of the blue; "I'm sorry, what?". "We were just asking you what colour you would want your gown for your 18th birthday to be?" Erianna repeated.

"I'll go with red", I answered.

Please vote