Chapter 37

Luciano's POV

I sat on the couch in my office, facing the window. I looked really unkept, I hadn't taken proper care of myself in days. I decided I wasn't going to give in to alcohol today. I didn't know if my sense of smell was deceiving me but I'm certain I caught a whiff of her scent. I turned my head and looked up and I couldn't believe my eyes. 'She was here'

"Esme?" I asked, my voice so croaked yet so deep "My Orchid? Is that really you?" She looked different, her caramel skin that glowed so bright was now looking quite pale, her long hair that glistened and shone was now looking dry and like it was going to fall out. Bruises, her entire body was filled with bruises.

"Baby, I missed you so much" she engulfed me in a hug as she shed tears. "I thought I would never get this chance again" I said softly. We looked at each other before I crashed my lips on hers, they weren't as soft and as plump as they used to be, just pale, dry and peeling.

We were so engrossed in the kiss that we didn't notice my sister and the rest of the gang come in.

"Esme" Alley squealed we broke our kiss and they basically attacked her and all four of then tumbled over. It was then I noticed her clothes had torn, they looked like rags. Anger coursed through my veins when I saw the state she was in, the lashes on her back, the bruises on her face.

"We all missed you" Danny said. "You let us go through all that training alone" Fania cooed.

"I know, but now's not the time girls. Jefferson is going to attack us today. The trio are on their way right now"

"What trio orchid?"

"The person who kidnapped me was, Jack. Jefferson ordered him to, and you would not believe who Jefferson's new toy is... None other than Lara Wilson. They're the terrible trio as I like to call them. Jefferson has an army of five hundred and he has a hundred more on standby. Whatever we have to do, we have to do it fast"

"Daniella, tell Chris to ready the wolves assist him as well, they're about 400 but we'll manage. Alley please make sure all the women and the children are safely secured in the bunker. Fania take care of the old people, I'll take care of my mate. Come with me Orchid"

I picked her up bridal style and carried her to our bedroom. I tore off the rags she wore and took her into the bathroom. I ran her a bath and washed her clean. I noticed a few bruises on her tummy and I got even angrier.

"Who did this to you Esme?"

"Who did what?" It was obvious she didn't want to answer me

"Who beat you up this way?"

"It was Jack. He beat me up every morning and lashed me with a whip every evening. He left me without food or water but I got a bit of help there. Lara hit me a few times and Jefferson hit me whenever he asked of his brother and I replied that he was suffering"

I thought I was angry before but right now all I could see was red. Only red, I was infuriated. How dare they lay a freaking filthy hand on my mate. I'll rip Jack's and Jefferson's throat out myself.

"What about Lara? You know I can hear your thoughts, right?"

"She will get her punishment little orchid, don't worry"

I felt so ashamed of myself. I could have saved her that day, I could have prevented her suffering. But I was only useless, a poor excuse for an Alpha.

"Jerry? I'm really sorry, I should have tried to fight back that day, but the blow I received to my head did a good number on me"

"No no Orchid, I should be the one apologizing. I'm your mate, I should have protected you"

"I know, I know. What Happened to your face?"

She must have noticed the scar I got as a result of the silver that smeared my face

"I got this the day you were ripped away from me. Jack smeared me with silver, it took a while to heal but this scar is the outcome of the healing it occured"

"Jerry, we must prepare for battle, they'll be here any minute, I have to suit up"

"No way, you're not going to fight in that battle. You'll sit in this bedroom with 6 guards at your door. I'm not going to lose you again"

Is she out of her mind? Why on Earth would she still want to go on with this?

"Luciano listen, you don't know their strategy, I do. I'm the Luna of this pack. Like it or not, I will fight, so let me protect my people"

Ugghhh, stubborn ass mate.

"You're an ass" she said

"Okay fine, I need to address the wolves. You just get ready"

I lifted her from the bathtub and placed her on the floor. I ran into the bathroom, had a quick shower and got dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. I kissed my mate and ran downstairs. Opening the door I saw over 300 werewolves. 80% in wolf form whilst 20% in human form.

"Werewolves of the crescent moon pack" I began. "Rogues have threatened your home and tortured your Luna. These same rogues are about to attack your pack. I don't know about you, but I will defend this pack till my last breath, this is my pack, my home, and I will make sure I purge this pack clean with their blood. Who's with me?"

"Me!" They all cheered at my final question. I went back inside and decided I'd visit Richard in the dungeons. I was surprised to see him there, alongside 3 other rogues.

"Mr. Luciano, this is Giselle my mate, Kehlani my sister and Rose my cousin"

"How did they get in here?"

"We accompanied Esme, we helped her escape"

"In that case, I owe you my gratitude. Richard your brother is attacking our pack today, we must get four of you to safety"

"No Luciano, I will fight alongside you"

"Fight your brother? I don't think so, you'd be kept in a separate bunker from the pack members, and you must leave now"

"Okay fine, as you wish. C'mon you three"

"Alpha Luciano, the wolves at the border said they already saw Jefferson and his army of rogues, they're here Alpha" Chris my Delta informed me.

"So be it, gather every werewolf to the battle ground, we must not let those rogues reach the border. I'll get Esme myself" I said fully prepared.

             ~•~
It's battle time✨, please vote😘