Chapter 39

Esme's POV

Standing right next to my mate I shot the trio a threatening glance. Surprise was evident on their faces and Jack's mouth basically flung open.

"You bitch, how did you escape?" Lara spat, she was always the first dog to bark, her voice so annoying that I could just choke her.

"Ohh shut it Lara, you didn't really think I'd leave my pack all alone in a time like this?"

"But I tortured you, I dosed you with silver and aconitum. You are too weak to fight me, you've always been too weak, Esme. A weakling, nothing more."

"Will you just shut up Jack, you talk too much. Incase you have forgotten, I always find away, I'm smarter than you Jack, I've always been smarter than you. And I am NOT a weakling"

"How did you escape? There's no way you did it on your own, who helped you?"

"Your cousin, Rose. And how cruel of you to turn your own family into your slaves. She's too young to be a kitchen maid, your own cousin, a kitchen maid. You're even more twisted than I thought"

"How dare you turn my own cousin against me and question me still? Who the fuck do you think you are"

"Don't you dare talk to my mate like that"

"I'll show you, I'll show your entire pack just how powerful I am... KILL THEM ALL" he yelled and almost immediately his rogues launched forward.

"PROTECT YOUR DYNASTY" Luciano and I said at once and our wolves launched forward.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I pulled out my Katana and ran towards the nearest wolf. We engaged in a weapons combat for a while before I kneed him in shin and slit his throat.

Running off to the next wolf I thrust my katana into his heart and pulled it out immediately. "That's two girls" I said to the girls through the mind link.

"You're slow Esme, I already got five" Alley replied, I don't blame her, she was using a dagger, which meant she moved quickly.

I glanced over at my mate who was fighting off rogues in his wolf form. I watched as Max clawed a rogue and ripped his throat out with his teeth. I watched keenly as another wolf was about to attack Max from behind. Thrusting my katana into the rogue in front of me I immediately tossed a shuriken that penetrated the rogue's eye, killing him almost instantly.

Realizing what I had done Max glanced at my direction. "Thanks orchid" I nodded before I continued defending my pack

"I got 20 already" Fania said through the link.

"Bitch you're using a gun, I only got 15, these double daggers are stressful"

"Who told you I'm using guns, hand-to-hand combat. With my claws, I already snapped some necks and ripped out some throats"

"Fania you're just brutal. I got 19 of them" I said before decapitating another rogue. "Make that 20, you Alley?"

"20... Add 2 more"

I glanced around and spotted Lana killing one of our wolves and she wasn't the only one. Jack and Jefferson already got a good number of our wolves. I'm sure Luciano must feel so hurt right now, so was I.

I thrust another rogue in the head, "21"

"23" Alley said.

"24... Make that 25" Danny said as she stopped to smile at me.

"25 too" Fania smiled as well

I thrust 3 more rogues and Max killed the last one in human form for me. "Make that 25"

"25 too" Alley stated

I turned to Max, "I could have handled it"

"Just looking out for you orchid" I rolled my eyes before looking up ahead. I noticed something in the clearing. 'More rogues'. "Girls they brought reinforcement" I said before pulling out my guns. "Max we've got this"

The girls and I started shooting at the new set of rogues. We all used regular hand guns but Fania decided she'd use a snipper instead. They started falling like flies. I had exhausted my bullets and immediately reloaded. I was about to start shooting again but I was shot in the arm. Judging by the way it stung I knew it was a silver bullet.

"Uggghhh, fuck silver" I grunted in pain.

"Orchid are you okay? Are you fine?" My mate asked through the mind link.

"Yes darling, I'm fine" I replied back, blasting a few rogues in the head. We kept shooting till every last rogue dropped. I turned around to the sound of footsteps, Lana was making a run for it.

"Girls c'mon" I called out to the girls as we ran after her. Then it hit me, "Alley, Fania, go after Jack" we parted ways and Danny grabbed Lana by the shoulders and punched her really hard.

"Where do you think you're going to, 'pretty girl?"

With that I punched her twice as hard. Danny and I took turns hitting her before we finally put her in silver shackles.

"Fania have you guys got Jack?" I asked

"Yeah, in shackles right now"

"Good, take them to the pack house"

"Got it Luna" I looked ahead and saw Luciano. He was in his human form and was already in shorts.

"Orchid are you okay?" He asked examining my body to see if he would find any injuries then he spotted the bullet wound.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch" I said rubbing his shoulder.

"Just a scratch? Babe the bullet is still in your arm. We need to get that checked" he said almost dragging me with him.

"Not yet Luciano, how many casualties occured"

He looked at me sternly as if to ask 'Are you kidding me right now? Pack duty? Really?'

But I ignored him before he finally answered.

"42 in total. 10 of them dead and 32 injured badly"

I felt a lump form in my throat knowing that I had lost a few of my pack members but this wasn't the time to be weak. This was time for punishment.

"Chris, take Jefferson to the pack house. The girls and I will handle the other two. It's time for them to receive their punishments" I told Chris through the link

"Yes Luna"

I stopped to look around and everything was over, it was all over. Jefferson had lost and our dynasty had finally been protected.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyye 🥵🥵

So I want to know what y'all think. Is this really over.

What do you think? Thoughts on the war?