41 | In the pipes

"I can't believe your mother put a buckle of holy water outside your window. I almost lost a foot when landing yesterday." Rory says as we walk the halls with our arms linked. "Sorry about that still. She doesn't like vamps whatsoever no matter who they are. Hell if I was one, she'd still try to kill me. What happened to them?" I laugh as we turn to see Ethan and Benny making us laugh. "Nice look guys! Rory laughs. "Yeah, yeah. The shower cut out right before we could rinse. Our whole street lost water pressure. How is your hair look good?" Ethan explains to us. "I took a shower last night." I explain to them. "You were both in the shower at the same time?" Rory laughs.

"DIFFERENT showers, Rory

"DIFFERENT showers, Rory. DIFFERENT." Ethan shouts at him. "Well, actually I was in the middle of this deep conditioning treatment. People aren't just BORN with hair this thick and shiny, alright? Hey, sup, hottie?" Benny explains then nods a a girl who walks past. "There is no one at this school who's got it worse than us." Ethan sighs. "Okay, but like...why didn't you guys dry your hair? You wouldn't look so ridiculous." I mess with their wet hair. "Stop." Benny whines slapping my hand away. "Nooo." I whine back trying to touch his hair again. "Believe it or not, I have a towel in my locker because I was helping Rory with something. Come on." I walk away and they follow me.

"Ethan you first." I tell him and he comes closer to me while I dry his hair. I dry it to the point where it's no longer soaking wet and then use my brush to style it. "Benny." I call him and he steps up to me. "I need you to bend down to my level." I look up at him then slowing down to my height. "Thank you." I give him a sweet smile then fix his hair. "You're wearing light makeup today? You hardly ever wear makeup." Benny says studying my face. "I know but I'm just trying to change some." I laugh as I step back finishing.

"Why do you wanna change?" He stands up straight. "I guess I used the wrong words. I just wanna try something new." I put my things back in my locker. "It's just makeup Benny... It's not that much of a dramatic change." Ethan tells him as we make our way to class. "I know it's not but Sadie you look good without makeup too." Benny says making me smile as we walk. "That sweet of you Benny."

---

"Noodles. Cheap, easy noodles. Learning to boil noodles is good because some of you will be living alone for a long time." Mrs. Oppenheimer says as she walks around then looks at the guys. "Dude, this looks impossible! I knew home-ec was a bad idea!" Benny whines. "Benny. Calm yourself. We just need water." I tell him as Ethan goes to turn on the water but the pipes rattle. "See? We're gonna fail noodles!" He cries as the rattling gets worse.

"Oh, as IF. J.J. Abrams was referential without being reverential." Benny texts as he phone goes off. "If you're still worried about failing noodles, you could help me." Ethan tells Benny so I bend down. "That doesn't look normal." I say looking over his shoulder looking at something green with scales. "Whoa!" Ethan falls back as we see it move making me fall on my butt with him. "Benny, something moved down there." Ethan tries to get Benny to pay attention.