52 | Mermaid vs Siren

"Hey MC MonsterBat." I smile jumping up next to Rory. "Thanks for showing up. Ethan and Benny said no." He rolls his eyes. "I gotta show support for my friend." I tell him as we take a seat at the table. "This song is about how I hurt sometimes. Maybe you'll hurt too." A girl come out and it didn't sound interesting after her la la la, so I put in my earbuds only coming to see Rory. I text my dad telling that I'd be home right after Rory does his thing. As I look up I see Rory was gone and everyone else was pushing each other around roughly. When they stop I take my earbuds out, "Everybody get home safely." She smiles making me curious about her. "Great. How am I supposed to follow that?" I hear Rory asks.

 How am I supposed to follow that?" I hear Rory asks

---

"She destroyed the audience! I tried to destroy the paramedics when they showed up, but they asked me to be quiet while they worked." Rory explains to the guys. "They got what the wanted since I was there to control him." I lay my head on Rory's shoulder. "So the entire football team is in the hospital? No wonder there's so much room in the hallway." Ethan says looking around the halls. "Yeah! Luxurious! And wedgie-free!" Benny says as two jokes pass us.

"If she can work a crowd like that, she's gonna own the talent show this week

"If she can work a crowd like that, she's gonna own the talent show this week." Rory tells them making me make a face not agreeing with him. "Pshaw. You're assuming the judges will have any unblown minds after they see my fruit juggling." Benny shows us using magic to make the apples disappear. "Da-da-da Pretty good, huh?" He asks us. "There she is. Her name is Serena." Rory turns to look at her.

"Take that, old man Carter!" Marty gives the teacher a wedgie. " Whoa! Marty's usually the wedge-ee, not the wedge-er." Ethan tells us and Benny keeps moving his hands. "Attention, students. The talent show tryouts are starting in the school auditorium. I know I can't wait- and yet somehow I will." The Vice President says over the intercom. "Time to get my juggle on." Benny continues to move his hands. "Better hope you juggle better than I spin, Bro! MC MonsterBat takes no p-p-p-p-p-prisoners!" Rory mimics scratching. "Buddy."

As Benny leave just me and Ethan the apples come back falling to the floor. " I know you're usually the first one to say you're suspicious of someone, but I'm suspicious of Serena." I tell him mocking the way Rory said her name. We watch her walk up to the jocks then the start to fight as she walks away.