40 | End of the road, carnivore

"Oh, man. Malcolm Bruner, Derek Malvern, and now Ronnie Barnstrom. The car claimed its third victim." Ethan says as we sit at Benny's grandma's house. "Okay, that's weird. Remember how the car went after all these people in the Bruner family ages ago?" Benny tells us. "Yeah." We both say together. "Check out this family tree." Benny tells us so we look at it. "Malcolm, Derek, and Ronnie. They're all part of the Bruner family." I read the tree.

"Still looking into Bruner? You should check out this guy, Jacob. He's the one who built your car in the first place." Evelyn gives us an old newspaper. "He was in our vision! Did you ever hear about him being a -," She cuts Ethan off. "Blood-sucker? Sure. That was after that photo was taken, of course. Bruner found out, and... let's just say it's a little tricky firing a vampire." She tells us. "Let me guess. Bruner also had a wooden stake division?" Benny jokes. "Close, Jacob stole the car and had a little accident with a wooden fencepost." She tells him.

"Revenge! That's what he said to me! And now he's still after the Bruners." Ethan says. "Okay, call me crazy but I think I know where the bite mobile's going next." We all look at the laptop. "Richard Bruner. Grandson of Manfred Bruner." Read making Benny whine, "No fair, I wanted to say that. I did all the printing!" I just pay the top of his head. "That kid doesn't know it, but his days are number thanks to you two." Evelyn tells us. "We must warn him. Richard Bruner, grandson of Manfred Bruner!" Benny finally gets to say. "You happy now?" I ask him. "Yeah." He gets up so we can leave.

---

"I can't believe Richard's butler wouldn't let us in." Benny says as we enter Ethan's place. "Well, you wouldn't take your shoes off." Ethan says as we sit down on his couch. "You wouldn't either, if you had little big toes! It's embarrassing." He sits as the doorbell rings. "Oh... that's Richard." Ethan stands up. "You got everything you need for the spell?" Ethan asks. "Of course, but how did you get him to come over?" Benny tells him.

"Hi!" Ethan opens the door letting him in. "Is this where I'm supposed to be for the charity photo shoot?" He looks around the room. "Charity photo shoot?" I ask him. "Yeah, they said they wanted photos of me donating these croquet mallets to the underprivileged. Hmm. You look poor." He looks at Ethan making me raise an eyebrow l. "Sure, the car can't get him too?" I bend down to Benny.

"It's okay, we don't need mallets." Ethan tells him but Benny takes them going to play with them.. "I'm sorry. I had to lie to get you over here so I could tell you... You're in danger." Ethan tells. "Danger? Of what?" Richard asks. "A revenge obsessed car." I tell him. "I do not have time for the tales of a mal-informed pauper." He turns to leave. "Just, please! You're in danger." Ethan tries to stop him from leaving. "Benny!" I get Benny to pay attention.

"Okay, okay, we gotta make it rain spell, a floating spell... Smell like a frog spell. I don't know why I circled that. Wait, I got it! Sominom vis Cathra Arba Sinar! It worked! I can't believe it worked! Our lives are gonna be so much better now that we can knock out anyone we want." Benny rants then is wowed when it worked.

"Yes, it looks like Richard's psyched to be the first." I help poutine him on the couch with Ethan. "Hey, hey, whoa! I thought we were gonna save him - not drain him!" Benny see what Ethan was doing. "We are. I'll let him stay here, but we need his blood in order to lure the car back into a trap and destroy it once and for all. Glad I took that nursing course in summer school." Ethan explains making Benny pull up his sleeve.

"I knew someone was stealing my blood! You told me I was imagining it! It's for Sarah, isn't it!" Benny calls Ethan out

"I knew someone was stealing my blood! You told me I was imagining it! It's for Sarah, isn't it!" Benny calls Ethan out. "Uh... that's not really important right now. First we need to locate that car." Ethan says going to the door. "Something tells me that's not gonna be too hard." We see the car in front of the house. "Also you are so dumb at times." I look up at Benny as we shut the door. "He's very good at convincing." Benny pouts.

---

"Of course it's gonna work; we're wearing cool headsets. And, uh... make sure you buckle up." Benny tells Ethan as we get ready for him and the car. "At least you care about his safety." I laugh as I fix metal rakes on the floor. "Well he is still my best friend." Benny bends down to help me. "So I don't know if you remember what you said..." We hear the car getting closer. "Go!" We run out of the way.

"Ha! Fooled ya! It's me, Rory! Not Richard Bruner, grandson of Manfred Bruner!" Rory takes off his wig. "Let's see how scary this clunker is with four flat tires!" Yeah laughs the the car fixes its tires. "Okay, that didn't work!" He says. "It's still after Bruner blood! Erica, you take it!" Rory tosses it at Erica. "Uh-uh. If I can't drink it, I don't want it." She gives it to Benny. "Come on, guys! I'm the only one of us who CAN'T outrun a car." He whines. "Here you go!" He gives it to me and I give it to Ethan. "I've got an idea. Just give me a head start, okay!" He runs off.
"Ethan, no!" Sarah yells.

The three vampire one get in from of the car trying to hold it off while I put my hands out from behind using magic to hold it back too. "Guys! Just let it go! Trust me! Just do it!" Ethan tells us so I stop knowing he has a plan. "Come on! Do what he says! It's his I've got a plan voice!" Benny yells at them.

"Ethan!" Sarah yells as we run over to him. "End of the road, carnivore!" He picks up a big piece of wood. "Here, allow me. This blood drive's over!" Sarah does it for him. "Thanks. You didn't have to one-up my victory line though. Oh, and hey. Bottom's up, Rory. You earned it." Ethan tosses the books to Rory.

"Hey, I came all this way

"Hey, I came all this way. You can at least pay for dinner! Hey, that's my rich guy blood!" They both fight over the blood. "I got this. Sominom vis Cathra Arba Sinar!" Benny laughs knocking them out. "Sleep tight, fangy friends. Wait, this means we're stuck cleaning things up, doesn't it." Benny says making me laugh. "Yup. Just you, me, and -," Benny starts to talk fast, "Sominom vis Cathra Arba Sinar!" He touches himself then me.

Soon all four of us wake up groaning, "I can't believe he'd leave us here to clean up his mess." We all sit up. "I can't believe you think I'm staying." Erica gets up running off. "Take me with you." I whine as she was long gone. "What?" Rory asks lost before we get up. "Rory? This is a big clean-up job, all right? It requires skill, character... Now, I may be taking a big risk here, but... I'm putting you in charge." Benny gets serious with Rory. "I won't let you down, Benny!" Rory smiles. "Thanks, let's get home." Benny takes my hand into his as we leave Rory.

"You do know that he won't get cleaned up right?" I laugh looking back to see Rory gone. "I know." Benny laughs as we walk. "Also what you were doing with the car to help hold it back was cool." Benny gets excited. "Wicked wick taught me that." I laugh. "So I don't know if you remember what you said... about your type..." Benny says as we continue to walk. "What me saying my type is nerdy and geeky?" I ask look up at him. "Yeah, but later you randomly added dumb and stupid." He glances down at me. "I did. Why are you bringing it up?" I laugh at him.

"I should have known that from the beginning because you did liked Ethan and have kissed Rory." He says then makes an yuck face causing me to laugh. "Yep but you are a dumb nerd so...not surprised." I sing smiling to myself. "That just proves I can like someone like you. Also I mean it would be weird if I didn't like someone like you...Ethan...Rory. Especially when you are you." I continue to giggle hoping he catches on to what I said but he stays quiet. "So you still like Rory or Ethan?" He asks as we got closer to home. I was completely dumbfounded, "Umm no, like I said you are a dumb nerd and you keep proving it. Goodnight Benny."