36 | Sub sandwich

"You and Benny have been closer since you got back." Sarah smiles at me as we stop at Erica's locker. "Yeah, I know." I nod my head making Erica glance over at me. "You two a thing now? I never took you as one to like nerds." Erica closes her locker. "Well I'm a nerd myself so and no we are not a thing." I roll my eyes letting out a sigh. "That sigh was a sad sigh! You what that to be a thing." Sarah gets excited. "You can't stand Benny, why are you excited about that?" I laugh at her. "Very true but you are my best friend and I want you to be in a relationship with someone you like." Sarah says making Erica hit her.

"Excuse me, she's your second best friend. I'm your first best friend. Also I agree with Sarah. We can't stand Benny, but you two would be cute together. Remember we told you he's totally into you." Erica adds. "Look I know what you both said but I want his to tell/show me in some way so I know he's 100% positive about how he feels about me." They nod their head. "That's why you keep throwing hints on the down low?" Erica asks me. "Yes, surprised you are the only one to see that and you are hardly around." She laughs, "I'm not blind like some people. Also I'm really mad because my date, who was also a vampire, stood me up last night." She snarls un phasing us.

"Ethan might have the pencil darts. We can go hunting for him." I joke with her. "That sounds fun. Let's go ask him." She walks off. "I was joking." I look at Sarah before we follow Erica. "Aren't you supposed to be in class with the guys anyways?" Sarah asks as we all walk together. "Well yeah but I'm the only girl in that class and I feel like skipping." I say making Erica to pull me into a hug. "My good little girl is growing up." I laugh before leading them. As we get to the classroom we look in through the small door window. "Why are they so spaced out?" I ask before Sarah knocks on the door and Ethan comes over.

"Hey

"Hey." He opens the door. "What's going on in there?" Sarah asks him "Who's the fashion-fail in the muumuu?" Erica adds being herself. "I know, right? Ms. Lucia is subbing for Mr. G. She's so nice." He looks back at her like a puppy in love. "Right. Anyway, do you still have any of those little wooden-stake darts?" Erica asks him. "You mean pencils? Yeah, why?" He tells her. "Some vampire jerk stood her up." I say then Sarah adds to it, "She wants to make a point, but I-." She gets cut off by the sub.

"All warriors must get to work. The hour of judgment approaches." She tells Ethan and he goes back to his seat. "Uh, so where are the girl warriors?" Erica asks her. "Banished. Maidens have no use but to serve their queen when the hour is at hand." She shuts the door on us. "Well I'm missing nothing in class then, but that was weird." I laugh then get serious. "Makes me want to turn that sub into a sandwich." Erica saw walking off and we follow her.

As we walk up to the boys after class Ethan hits Benny to turn to us

As we walk up to the boys after class Ethan hits Benny to turn to us. "You girls have any bloodstone? It sounds vampirey and maybe witchy." Benny asks us. "All outta bloodstone. But I can make you bleed with a rock." Erica tells him so he looks at me. "My mom keeps her stuff locked up tight, and no you can't have it for your dumb homework." I cross my arms at him. "Oh and if you try to come over and steal some... I'll help Erica make you bleed with a rock." I add making Ethan want to laugh.

"So your freaky sub gave you freaky homework? And you're not freaked?" Sarah asks them. "Hot teacher-frozen brain. Done." Erica motions. "My brain is not frozen, I just... have to find frog hearts. Yeah." Both boys act different as Lucia walks past them. "Am I nuts or did we just get blown off by nerds?" Erica asks surprised. "Something messed up is going on." Sarah tells her. "And I have a feeling it has something to do with your sub sandwich."

---

"Is she still subbing for your class too?" I ask as Erica walks past me. "Yeah, basically skipping with permission from Principal Hicks. Why aren't you in class yet?" She crosses her arms walking back to me. "Ehh, don't care for math." I lean up against the lockers. "I love the new you since you got back. What changed you?" She eyes me. "I guess it was my mother. Her making me do her stupid things saying I need to follow her rules... Now I feel like not following school ones too. I mean, I had perfect attendance and I'm set on good grades. I can afford to skip a few classes." She gets a big smile on her face. "I love you! Are you still sure you don't wanna be like us? We can be best friends forever."

"I'm sure, I'm fine the way I am." She pouts, "Also shouldn't your mother be leaving soon?" I groan, "Should be but she's staying for the year. My dad is pissed because she won't leave. He's not fighting back because he wants me to stay home with him instead of her place." Erica rolls her eyes. "She's gotten worse since she left years ago. Well I'm leaving for a bite." She runs off.

"Yes! Old hot dogs! They're crammed full of weird animal bits! Ms. Lucia's going to love me!" As I walk up to Ethan Benny pops out of the dumpster. "I claim these for my queen." Rory runs over to take the bag. "Get your hands off my hotdogs, you weenie!" Benny tells him as Ethan's phone rings. "My queen." Rory picks up a trash bag hitting him repeatedly. "Stop it!" Benny hold his arm up to block it. "My queen. My queen." No one has noticed me as I stand by watching them.

"Hello? Sarah, it's no big deal

"Hello? Sarah, it's no big deal. She's just--. Whoa, that is not right. Principal Hicks hates being sat on. Don't worry, I'll look into it, okay?" I listen to Ethan on the phone with probably Sarah as I watch the other two. Benny hips out of the dumper and has a standoff with Rory as they wait for one to move first.

"Guys, stop! It's all fun and games till someone gets a hotdog in the eye

"Guys, stop! It's all fun and games till someone gets a hotdog in the eye." Ethan tells them as I see Rory get ready to throw one. "What are you talking about? Ow! My eye!" Benny gets hit then Ethan but I step to the side. "Ugh! See?" He keeps his eye shut. "You guys have officially have lost it. Like I mean too gone to be saved. What did that sub do to you guys?" I ask making Ethan turn to me. "I don't know but I told Sarah I'll look into it." He keeps his eye shut so I put my hand over it making the pain stop. "My mother taught me that trick."

"Oh hey, Sadie. So that bloodstone?" Benny rushes up to me. "I told you no and you need to snap out of it. I get that she's hot and God knows you forgot how to use your brain when you see a hot girl but dude this is stupid... even for you." I flick him on the forehead. "It's a grade." He smiles making me slap his forehead, "No it's not. You know what, I'm going to find Sarah to get away from the craziness." I back away. "You're not mad at me are you?" Benny runs to catch up with me with his bag of hot dogs. "Why would I be mad at you? I'm just annoyed with the three of you. Annoyed and mad are two different things." I tell him before walking off to find Sarah.