14 | Snuggy Bear

"Sadie, will you come to the gym with me? I'm going to ask Mr. G if I can join the wrestling team." Ethan walks up to me. "You're actually going to join the wrestling team?" I ask making sure he was serious. "Yes, Coach Ed showed me my future in ten years if I don't win him a trophy and it's not pretty." He makes a face. "How bad is it?" I cross my arms. "Me, my dad, and mom work at McFingers. I work there because I got kicked out of college for filling my prof's convertible with doggy doo. My dad got fired for insurance fraud because he accidentally set my house on fire. He puts Benny in a wheelchair because he cut the brake line on his turbo unicycle. And Sarah marries Kurt.... I forgot to mention you marry Benny because the ghost ruins your chance with every dude ever and messed something up where he have to marry him.

"Let's go ask Mr. G if you can sign up." I grab his hand dragging him to the gym. "You really don't wanna marry Benny huh?" Ethan laughs. "That's not entirely the worst part. I don't want but I care for your life too." I give him a smile. "Hey, Mr. G? Could I be on the wrestling team?" Ethan asks walking up to him. "Oh, sure you can. I mean, if you believe you can. Here, why don't you go ahead and fill that out right there." He hands Ethan a clipboard.

"So, uh, this means I can wrestle Kurt the hurt Lochner, right?" Ethan asks his. "Oh I'm afraid so. Uh, if you could just make sure to fill out the emergency contact and the blood type part of the form there." He stands up pointing at the paper making Ethan awkwardly laugh while I giggle. After he was done we leave the gym. "Hey if you get hurt really bad... I know a few spells to fix you up." He just gives me a smile, "Thanks Sadie."

---

"In the spirit of non-competition, I pledge to be a non-partisan referee for tonight's match, so, uh... well, may every man win, or, uh... at least survive. Representing Conway Collegiate, we have Kurt The Hurt Lochner. Okay, all right, and representing White Chapel High, we-." Mr. G is cut off as Benny takes the mic. "From a land of fear and nightmares comes a warrior born to destroy. He speaks only violence. He knows only hatred. His headlock is a crime against humanity! Behold... the Ethanatorrrrr!!" Benny introduces Ethan and Rory runs out with him. I shake my head embarrassed because of the way Benny introduces him but I still cheer for him while everyone boos.

"Okay, guys, if we can get you to... to shake hands here, that'd be nice." Mr. G tells them as I go over to the guys in the bench. "Do your catchphrase! Do it!" Rory cheers for Ethan. As they start the match Ethan is easily flipped. "Ah... This won't end well." Rory says and I agree as Benny gets the camera. "I hope not." Benny says then we make a face as Kurt gets Ethan down. "Do you really have to record this?" I ask Benny as Kurt lifts Ethan spinning him around. Kurt then signs something for a girl then tosses Ethan off him making him hit the floor hard. The boys and me groan in pain watching him.

"There's your friend

"There's your friend." Kurt drops Ethan off in front of us. I'll See you in round two, dork." He snickers before walking off. "You..." I growl standing up to go after him but Benny pulls me down. "You can't do anything. Up, Take a seat, dude." Benny says before helping Ethan sit down. "You survived a whole round without him breaking your spine in half. Nice!" Rory tries to encourage him. "Sorry, dude, but for a guy in agony, you make some hilarious faces." Benny laughs and I slap him.