49 | Mummy's pancreas

"You have snacks and not sharing?" Benny whispers at me. "What are you talking about." I mumbled because food was in my mouth. "Sadie, share with me." He begs me as we walk around the museum. "Why should I?" I ask him moving my bag away from him. "Because you love me." He leans down winking at me. I don't know if it was just me or what but since the moleo thing where Val stunned us... and Benny saying he wouldn't mind me on him and would want it to happen again, he's been more flirty with me. I don't wanna get my hopes up but I'm hoping he realizes I like him too. I mean I'm being more obvious than ever.

"Love is a strong word... but I do so here." I move my bag towards him and he takes some out of the box. "This is why you are my number one." He kisses my temple and I see Ethan look over at us with his eyebrows raised. "Not yet." I mouth to him and he sighs. "Our young prince Ho-tep died at the tender age of 18 but the ancient Egyptians viewed death as merely a journey into another world." I start to pay attention to Mr. G. "Um, what's with the ancient super ware?" Ethan asks him.

"Oh, you know the expression, You can't take it with you? Yeah, well, uh, they didn't. Yup. Anyways, uh this gift-wrapped fellow here was, uh, arranged to marry a pharaoh's daughter. But when he refused because he wasn't in love with her, the pharaoh had him executed." He explains to the class. "I bet she had one killer unibrow." Benny says making me and Sarah hit him at the same time.

"According to these hieroglyphics, he vowed to never enter the afterlife without his true love. It's either that or these are cleaning instructions." Mr. G looked at them. "Can I make a mummy for extra credit?" Rory asks. "Ooh, that wouldn't be encouraged." He tells him. "Yes! That was not a no!" Rory gets excited. "Anyways, guys, that is the end of the tour. But, uh, you know, uh, feel free to stay around as long as you like. Or you could leave, cause that's okay too." Mr. G says making everyone leave as we walk closer to the mummy.

"He actually chose death over a life without love. That's so romantic." Sarah smiles. "It probably got less romantic when they bottled up his organs." Ethan tells her. "And if I'm lucky, one of these jars will have pancreas." Benny says making us look at him. "I used all my Grandma's ancient pancreas in a potion. I have to top it up before she finds out." Benny explains. "Gross. What was it for?" Sarah asks him and he gets a thinking back look. "Wizard stuff. You wouldn't understand. Cover me!" Benny says going to the table.

"Okay, but just make it quick

"Okay, but just make it quick." Ethan tells him. "You guys are asking for trouble! I don't want any part of this." Sarah leaves us. "Benny, maybe she's right. It is stealing." Ethan tells him. "So? The museum stole it first. You think they asked Raggedy Andy here to raid his tomb? Didn't think so. Trust me, no one will miss this. Ah, bingo." Benny tells us and wrap my arm around Rory to lean on him. "Hurry up." I tell him leaving and Ethan follows me.

"So Benny and you?" He whispers as we walk. "What about us? He still hasn't figured out I straight up told him I like him." I groan looking back at him behind Rory. "Does look like he is flirting with you more. Maybe he's finally getting brave." Ethan puts his arm around me. "I just hope he doesn't take much longer." I lean into him. "Doesn't take much longer for what?" Benny walks up next to me. "For you to figure out who I like, which is funny because it's you." We all stop walking and Ethan's eyes winded looking at Benny.

"Well you don't make it very clear for me to figure who it is. You speak in riddles and don't give me a straight answer." Benny says causing Ethan and me to look at each other dumbfounded. "Just date Rory over Benny he has slightly more brains." Ethan's says dragging me with him. "Don't tell her that!" Benny shouts.

---

"What is the big deal? We collect weird stuff all the time." Benny complains to Sarah as we get to his grandma's house. "Yeah, when we're fighting monsters. This time it's more like... getting groceries." Sarah explains. "Come on, it's nothing like... that. Okay, so it is. But it's okay. Everything worked out fine." Ethan tells her as the door bursts open. "MRRRRRR!" It was the mummy making us rush to the other side of the room. "MRRRRRR!" We scream as he comes at us making Benny hold me with one arm "Mrrrr..." They guys let out a unenthusiastic scream as he is stuck. "Kay, this is just getting pathetic." I sigh. "That last one was just a pity scream." Benny adds as we watch the Mummy struggle to get up hooked.

"What do we do?" Sarah asks

"What do we do?" Sarah asks. "Here, mummy-mummy. This is what you want, isn't it? Good mummy. Go get it. Yeah." I take the pancreas from Benny and lured the mummy into the closet. "Problem solved." Benny smiles. "Benny, we have to get this thing back to the museum." Ethan comes to my side. "Uh, Sarah could fly him back in seconds!" Benny points at her. "Sounds fun! Or, I could go to class and let you clean up your own mess." She tells them. "What? There's a monster on the loose and you're not gonna help us?" He asks her.

"Monster? Mmrruff! Ooooh, the Mummy's attacking me. I'm so scared. Have fun." Sarah opens the closet pulling him out then leaving us. "Great. What do we do now?" Benny asks. "Get its pancreas back to the museum and let the mummy follow it back?" I cross my arms at him. "Right. That- that should work... actually." Benny says shocked. "And this is why I'm the smart one. Also you could've just stole the pancreas from my mother's room she has more than 20." I smile at him.

"Okay, I'm going to school and you two can get the mummy back." Ethan leaves us. "Why do I have to help? This was you guys fault!" I shout at him. "Come on, we get to be our own team again." Benny puts his arm on me and I push it off. "You really took a pancreas for a potion to grow a beard?" I cross my arms. "How do you know that?!" He moves back. "When you put on you thinking back face I touched you and saw it. Oh, Benny. You look so good with that beard." I mock him. "Not my fault you like guys with facial hair! Your favorite actor has a beard!" He whines leaving the room.

"Why are you whining? For one I don't like any guy with facial hair because not everyone can pull it off." I laugh at him. "So you think I won't look good with facial hair?" He look up from the floor. "I didn't say you wouldn't. I'm sure you'll look good with it in the future." I laugh shaking my head at him. "Wait, so you did that to like what? Impress me?" I smile tilting my head making him nervous. "What? No..." He walks away making me follow him. "Benny are you playing dumb when it comes to when I tell you who I like?" I ask him. "No, why?" He says looking through his grandma's stuff. "Because I've told you who I like three times... to your face and you miss it." I walk up next to him.

"Like I said you speak in riddles." He glances down at me. "I'm tired of you asking me so I'm gonna ask you. Who do you like?" I look at him as he avoids me. "Girls at school." I glare at him. "Benny Weir be serious with me. It's so unfair that you beg me all the time and I tell you but when I ask you-," I beg him but he cuts me off. "I'm scared because what if you don't like me the same way. Great... I'm go check on the mummy." He rushes past me and I sigh. "SAIDE! HE'S GONE!" Benny screams making me run back to the room.

"He ate the bio-leftovers?" I see the jar he was holding. "Benny do you know what that means?" He gives me a scares look. "Ten of those can regenerate a mummy's body. We now have a fully fleshed- out Mummy walking around." I explain to him. "How do you just know all of this?" He asks. "All those books my mother makes me study. Ethan is going to loss it." I sigh. "Do we have to call him?" I give him a look. "Got, calling Ethan."