1 | Guess who's back baby!

"How was it at your mother's over the summer?" My dad asks me as we drive home. "Good, taught me a few new things... Hints why she wanted me to spend the summer with her in the first place." I say making him laugh. "True, I'm sorry she's that way." He smiles over at me. "Ehh it's fine. I prefer you over her." I say making him laugh. "You excited to see the guys? Ethan asked me a few days ago if you'd be back in time for the first day of your freshman year." He sends me a wink. "Yeah, I miss the guys. Dad, I stopped having a crush on Ethan when I was 12. That was three years ago." I laugh as we get closer to home. "But you liked him for five years." He says making me groan, "Dad stop it! I don't like him anymore." I cross my arms. "Sorry, sorry, I'm done." He laughs as we pull up to our house. "I'll grab your things. You go say hi to the boys." He says and I waste no time rushing next door to Ethan's.

As I knock on the door I wait a few minutes before the door is open by Samantha. "Sadie, you're back." She gives me a hug pulling me inside. "ETHAN!" She yells for him. "What? I'm busy!" His voice slowly gets closer along with his footsteps. "SADIE! You're back!" He runs down the stairs pulling me into a tight hug so I hug him back giggling. "I told you I'd be back before the school year starts." I pull back just to hug him again. "DID I HEAR YOU SAY SADIE?!" Jane comes running down too. "There's my favorite girl!" I move from Ethan to pick up Jane spinning her around. "I've missed you so much." She squeezes me. "I've missed you too." I put her down. "Can you hang out with me tonight? I don't wanna be stuck with Ethan and Benny." She begs me. "Of course I will." I say making her cheer. "Until then, I get her." Ethan grabs my hand pulling me up to his room.

Ethan and I met when we were just four years old, so every time Benny and I argue I say I knew Ethan first to shut him up. "So why did you go to your mom's again and how was it?" He asks as we walk into his room. "She wanted to do some mother daughter bonding and it went okay. She taught me a few new things that aren't that all useful." I say plopping down onto his bed. "Do you think spending the summer with her helped your relationship?" He turns to me on his chair. "Nahh, I don't think so. We didn't really get along the whole time but it's okay because I'm back home. I got what I need here, my dad, you, Benny, Jane, Rory, and Erica." I smile laying back in his bed as he plays on his computer.

Few hours pass and I was bored hanging out with Ethan since he wasn't really doing anything with me. "I'm going to hangout with Jane." I leave his room and at the same time the Morgan's head out the door. "Ethan, we are leaving now!" His mother calls out. "Don't worry I'll watch him watch her. Have fun you two." I give them a goodbye smile. "Thank you." Rods says shutting the door. "Can we watch Dusk?" Jane tugs on my arm. "Sure, I'll make us some popcorn." I pat the top of her head heading to the kitchen.

To be honest I didn't know what the big deal was about this movie because I personally found it boring. While the popcorn was popping, Jane got a blanket and a few pillows together so she could sit in front of the tv. Once the popcorn was done, I gave Jane hers then went to go sit on the couch as the movie started. Some ways through the movie Ethan ran downstairs opening the door to let a noisy Benny inside. In his arms he had a huge bag and box talking about how much snacks they have. The dude was so talkative he didn't even notice me as he went into the kitchen with Ethan.

From the couch I watch them toss a lot of junk food onto the dining room table. I shake my head getting off the couch walking over to the open door way. "I still don't understand how you guys eat so much junk yet still look like a twig." I laugh as Benny turns around looking at me. "You're back!" He talks with his hands. "And you didn't tell me when I called you a few minutes ago?" He turns to Ethan. "I forgot." He shrugs his shoulders grabbing ice cream and Benny joins him.

"What did you do? Rob an ice cream truck?" I ask laughing at them making Benny grin at me

"What did you do? Rob an ice cream truck?" I ask laughing at them making Benny grin at me. "Tomorrow, we officially join the high school brotherhood." He looks up at me, "And sisterhood. We are men and women. We must mark this moment." He says before they go on about who put the most marshmallows in their mouth in the 5th grade. "Who cares what you two got because I got 190 beating you both." I say walking back over to the couch.

"Hey Ethan, do you hear that?" Jane asks her brother and I listen and hear nothing. "It's probably nothing, Jane. Don't worry about it and if it is something... I'm sure the guys aren't as brave as me. I have to use the restroom, I'll be right back." I smile leaving the room but when I come back Jane was missing. "Jane, are you out here?" I ask walking out front to hear a stick fall. As I walk over to the driveway Jane walks towards the hockey stick then we both look up at the sky before a shoe falls. I wrap my arms around her as the Morgan's pull up.

"Honey? Honey, what's wrong? Are you hurt? What are you doing outside? What happened Sadie?" Samantha asks taking Jane from me. "I came back from the bathroom and she wasn't watching the movie anymore. I came to check outside then found her scared." I explain as she yells for Ethan who runs out the door spitting out marshmallows while Benny waves with his mouth full.

"Thank you for keeping an eye on her

"Thank you for keeping an eye on her. You should head home and get rest for your first day tomorrow." She rubs my arm. "Of course, have a good night. And Jane, get a good night rest. It was nothing... Just someone pulling a prank, okay." I bend down to her level and she nods her head. "See you two losers tomorrow." I wave to the guys walking next door to my house.

When I walked inside dad asked me how was it seeing the guys and I explained everything that happened up to now. "Did Jane see anything else other then the shoe falling from the sky?" He asks worried. "Nope, I tried to convince her it was just a prank someone was pulling." He nods his head. "That's better than telling her vampires exist. Also it's late and you need to get to bed. Your first day at high school starts and it's a new chapter of your life." He kisses the top of my head. "You know, I thought the high school chapter would have happened first over the supernatural chapter." I say making him laugh as I walk towards the stairs. "Now life would be to easy that way. Goodnight sweetheart." He say as I walk up to my room.

~

As Ethan and Benny went back inside after his parents slightly got on him they had to clean up their mess. "How do you forget to tell me Sadie was back home?" Benny hits Ethan's arm making him rub it. "Ouch, because for a moment I forgot she was back since she left my room to hangout with Jane. Also last time I talked about her when she was gone you told me to stop talking about her." Ethan explains as he throws away the marshmallows that were on the floor. "Well because when she left for the summer she didn't say goodbye to me like she did with you." Benny crosses his arms. "You weren't home Benny and she was in a rush to leave. You remember her mom right? Not the nicest person out there." Ethan has to remind one of his best friends.

"Plus with me making fun of you saying you must like her because you were so upset about it made you even more grumpy." Ethan says cleaning up the most. "I didn't and still don't like her." Benny says even though he knew he was lying just a hair. He couldn't help it but feel slightly happy when Sadie was around him. Yes, they both would have dumb playful arguments about stupid things, but they were best friends and that was his way of flirting with her slightly.

"You're the one that likes her." Benny says in a mocking tone starting to clean. "Liked, past tense." Ethan corrected him making Benny surprised. "I was joking because how close you two are. You actually liked her?" His eyes widen. "Yeah, I just didn't tell you because I thought you had a small crush on her too." Ethan says making Benny laugh, "Yeah, she's not really my type." It was Ethan's turn to laugh, "Girl is your type."