45 | Pranksy

"So did you hear our school is having a play? I think I'm going to sign up to help out." I jump next to the boys. "I know that's why we are heading to the sign up sheet." Benny smiles at me. "So why do you want to be in the play?" Ethan asks. "I don't want to be in the play. I want to do lights and sound." Benny acts dramatic. "Yeah, 'cause that'll be much cooler." Ethan adds. "Have you seen that controller console? It has, like, a million buttons." He moves his fingers. "He's right. I've helped up there a few times. I'm not going to lie... it's fun." I smile at them. "I just don't want you making lightning and burning everyone's hair off." Ethan tells Benny. "Again. Eyebrows don't count as hair!" Benny goes to pick the pen at the same time as Erica. "Age before beauty." He smiles at her.

"Oh, that's it- let the eagles of creativity soar! I'm off to make copies of this wonderful script!" Ms

"Oh, that's it- let the eagles of creativity soar! I'm off to make copies of this wonderful script!" Ms. LOL shows up trying to open the book. "Looks like it doesn't want to open." Ethan tells her as she struggles. It didn't want to be found, either! Hiding away inside that basement wall for 25 years. And I took it out. Ah! There we go. Should be clear sailing from here." She explains before leaving us. "Also eyebrows count as hair Benny." I laugh as we not go for the pen.

"Pretty lady first." He smiles at me and I put my name down. "Do you have a fever?" I ask placing the back of my hand on his forehead after he sighs the paper. "No, why are you asking?" He asks. "You called me pretty lady... What happen to me being me and who was he looking at, I only see Sadie?" I ask him as Ethan stays quiet watching us. "I already told you that I'm not that dumb. I know you aren't ugly." I almost lose it. "Not that dumb?! Benny Weir, I literally told you who I liked and you were and still are so oblivious! Hell I might as well just like Rory if you never come around." I walk off to cool down.

~

"What did I do?" Benny turns to Ethan. "You really are that dumb? Benny, come on. She literally just said if you never come around." Ethan feels useless. "What does that mean?" Benny whines. "Maybe you two are meant to be together after all." Ethan walks off. Benny literally was straight up confused with what was going on and was hating it. Sadie was mad at him, Ethan was now telling him that Sadie and him aren't meant to be... "Am I really that dumb?"

Later after the auditions for the play and being assigned to their roles, Benny bumps into Sadie in the hall. "I'm sorry for making you mad." He quickly tells her. "No, I'm sorry for snapping at you." She gives him a pout face that he just finds adorable. "No, no, no. It was still my fault because apparently me know know something bugs you." He tells her and she nods her head with a smile. "We good now?" He nod gives her a smile, "Of course, you're my girl."

"Ethan! This script rots! There's no lightning! No thunder! Nothing even close to an explosion!" Benny complains when him and Sadie see him. "I know. I hear it's rammed full of feelings and believing in yourself." Ethan smiles. "Benny believes in lightning. You gotta sign up and help me out with this beside Sadie." Benny begs him. "No way. I am not a drama nerd. I am a real nerd." He starts to walk off. "Sarah's in it." Sadie adds making him stop. "I'm a drama nerd." He turns around making them smile. "Also glad to see you you two are back to normal." He looks at the two. "We both apologized." Benny puts his arm around Sadie's shoulder.