Chapter 28

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

HELLLOOOO! ;)) THIS IS GONNA BE INTENSE. I’M SORRY IF HARRY DOESN’T APPEAR A LOT. BUT WE HAVE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE THEY FRICKLE FRACKLE. LOOOOLLL

VOTE AND COMMENT xx

*28*

Waiting… My impatience was reaching over my brain. A wave of trembling animated my hands, as the hand of the wall-clock approached ‘nine’. My eyes were heavy, but I couldn’t fall asleep anymore. The twist forming in my stomach ached even more. Even breathing ached. I was sat in the comfortable chair, but I felt like I was sitting in an oven. My skin flushed, not in embarrassment but in pure apprehension of the next hours.

Worry filled me, because I didn’t know it the plan could work. The previous day, I was practically certain of the plan and now, I was panicking. The panic I usually never felt, the room seemed to be so hot, that sweat started to stroll down from my forehead, ruining my impeccable face.

For this very special occasion, Angelica - who had just woken up - made everything to give my expression a semblance of austerity. She spent a good quarter of hour on the make-up, as she still was in vacation, like a handful of other privileged employees. I found the black mascara too thick for my taste and my face looked too white. But according to them, my appearance hardened and the mark of my sleepless night disappeared under the make-up. Oddly, the make-up was from the ranges that Sethi’s produced.

“Calm down Eve. It’s going to be Ok.” Styles said at the other line of the phone. I had called him a few minutes ago, seized by an abnormal fear. His voice held an odd composure, it wasn’t his usual confidence.

“I guess so.” I mumbled, still unsure whether or not I should go back down. I faced the plain walls, giving it a little kick with the tip of my black court shoe.

“Once she sees you, she’s going to be destabilized. I promise it’ll be Ok.” He said with a more reassuring tone. And it actually reassured me, but not enough for me to totally calm down. Facing her after a couple months wasn’t an easy thing, knowing who she was. I didn’t know how she felt since I left the apartment. Maybe she regretted, or didn’t care. Somehow, I hoped she didn’t care that she chased me from her life. It’d be better for me to accomplish the plan, knowing that she totally deserved my revenge.

My free hand reached up to my shirt to open one of the buttons, in order to chill me. I took a deep breath, one of those you take from the confines of your lungs. It somehow reduced my panic, but my anxiety remained.

“She’s coming. With your terrible temper, I’m pretty sure you can do it easily.” He joked to alleviate my stress. I placed the cell phone in my bag, next to me in the chair. My eyes looked up to the clock, which I had moved in front of me to know the hour.

It was almost nine in the morning. I prepared myself for a deep breath when the click of the door was heard. My breathing stopped. Fear engulfed all the insurance I had summed up before coming. I closed my eyes, hearing the steps her shoes made on the tiles. I remembered the day I was wildly dismissed from the office. I remembered the tears and the pain I accumulated, and then I turned the chair around.

Slowly, I faced her, the way she faced me on that fateful day I was dismissed. It was ironic how I took her place, holding the same composure she always had. And her, having the same astonished face I had.

“Evelyn.” She said, taking another step ahead. I could fully watch her, as she stepped in the part where the sunlight from the window lit.

Mum.” I murmured in the equal tone. I observed her, in every little detail. She didn’t change too much. Same clothes, same appearance, same glare. Only one thing attracted my eyes:  her lips were usually covered with dark lipstick. They were just in the natural way. But with the colour they had, I bet she had smoked the past days, whereas she touched her cigarettes rarely.