Chapter 30

Instagram- Twitter: intox1D (follow me)

HEY DARLINGS!!! :) GONNA BE A REALLY WEIRD CHAPPIE, SO VOTE AND COMMENT, YEAH?!. PS: ITALICS ARE FLASHBACK! : )

*30*

Evelyn’s POV

 “I just came back from Paris. I’m really sorry for not being there, but-”

I yelled to cut him off. I sounded like hysteric, but since he was there. The memory of all the nights I spent alone came back along with his face. All I wanted was to make him pay for leaving me all alone. It sounded so simple when the words fell from his liar lips. It was so simple to stay away from me for a couple of months.

“No text, no phone call or a stupid sign of life. You could’ve sent your stupid father to tell me that the engagement is broken, at least!” the words couldn’t be stopped or taken back. My profound madness seemed to cover the bitter sadness that haunted me whenever I was alone.

His face darkened, into what seemed like guilt. But guilt didn’t matter. His guilt wouldn’t bury my depression and my loneliness.

 “You’re angry.” He started a bit unsure of himself. His embarrassment could be felt in the sound of is voice.

“Angry? I think angry doesn’t describe my state right now.” I replied, looking into his blue eyes. “Uh, I’m totally mad! How dare you?”

I threw my arms in the air, allowing my madness showing in my gestures. He took some steps ahead. The loudness of the atmosphere washed my brain, half forgetting that a few inches away from us, people were having fun. Nothing else didn’t matter. My furious state of mind invaded every part of my body.

 He attempted to explain himself, but there could be no explanation.

I jumped off the desk to break the little space between us. A flow of adrenaline ran through my veins, making my heart beat faster. “Did you know what I’d been through? Do you even imagine the hell I had been living in?”

I settled both of my hands against his chest to pull him back. He didn’t move, remained silent, as if my words immobilized his body.

“And when you hear that I am rich, you just come back from Paris, hoping that I’ll marry you?” My voice pierced through the room, I bet some people next to the office door could hear me. I wasn’t the kind to cry or to ignore the pain. I had to yell it so that the soreness could go without I felt vulnerable.

“My family didn’t let me come back.” He murmured as excuse. His voice reflected the pain inside him. I knew him, he couldn’t be totally at fault. But I had to express my feelings, the whole days spent alone reminded me of the worst part of my life. When no one cared of me. When I expected someone to free me from the suffering. And as always, I escaped alone.

“You aren’t a child, Lens.”

“Don’t play the victim all the time.” he spat back, challenging me.

It was ironic. I had always told myself that in a relationship without feelings, there’d be no problems, no argue, no jealousy. Apparently, I was totally wrong. Even if we weren’t in love, I had to admit that his absence troubled me in a way that I couldn’t sleep, eat or just think straight.

 “You treat me like a piece of shït! But when I saw this video of you and that jèrk making out in a corridor…” his hands were on my shoulders, making the fabric of my pinkish shirt crumple. His hot breath smashed into my face, earning an attempt of escape from me. My eyes fluttered closed, waiting for him to continue. I totally took on that day when Styles and I kissed after checking on the lab. However, as far as I remembered, Lens felt hurt whenever I spent some time with Styles. I couldn’t blame him, too much. He was right since the beginning, Styles attracted me. “You’re not the victim, Evelyn. The world doesn’t hate you. You do everything to get the world to hate you.”