Chapter 50

HEY CUTIES! VOTE AND COMMENT!

- The assassin's run -

*50*

Patrick wrapped his arm around my waist and placed a kiss on my cheek, in the middle of the dance floor. He came at the worst moment of the dinner. I greeted him with the struggle of suppressing my face of displeasure. The singer, like in trance, carried on with a third song.

My envy of dancing faded away in the split of second I noticed Patrick's presence. Of course, I asked him to come; however, I didn't expect to enjoy the dinner that much.

"Let's take a seat," I told him and I dragged him towards the empty table whose occupants were all enjoying themselves elsewhere. Patrick was well turned-out with his white tuxedo. The white clothing didn't fit too much with his white skin, so he looked like a white carrot. But it didn't mean he wasn't elegant or good looking.

"I didn't know you were good at speeches." He complimented and took Styles' place at the table.

"I didn't either." I told him, giggling.

"You must wear this dress more often, every man must be drooling on you." He took out his I-pad from the bag he brought. With a sign of an eye, he motioned for me to check on the screen. A hundred of videos and photos popped out.

"I watched you on the livestream of the company, everyone's talking about the 'new Evelyn Sethi'" I was a bit surprised by what was showing up. Wearing the dress I bought in total rush from a debutant dress designer made my fame increase within a few minutes.

"Hey Evelyn!" Angelica's voice could be heard from behind me. As I turned my head around, I saw her with a loose braid and a long white dress to hide the last scars on her legs. But she was gorgeous.

I greeted her back and she sat next to us. She glanced at the man next to me and smiled.

"Oh I forgot, Angelica is a long-time friend" I introduced, pointing at her then continued. "and this is Patrick, my boy...friend."

"Nice to meet you," she grinned warmly as usual. Patrick only smiled in reply.

"You stopped dancing?" I asked her, looking at Styles who couldn't stop moving like a fool.

"Yeah, Harry became quite embarrassing and my feet hurt me. I'm not used to wearing high-heels anymore." She admitted before calling Styles with a sign of her hand. When he noticed us, he immediately stopped his horrendous dance moves and walked towards us. Drop of sweat ran on his forehead and he could barely breathe, making us laugh.

Styles finally shook Patrick's hand and settled at Payne's previous place.

"You were setting fire to the dance floor!" I complimented him sarcastically and Angie and I laughed.

"Keep laughing, girls. I'm just having fun." His panting voice let out before taking his champagne glass from in front of Patrick. He gulped the liquor down within a few seconds. Once he seemed to regain strength, his head turned to Patrick.

"Oh, by the way, I'm Harry." He introduced himself and gave him a smile as always.

"Patrick."

Since the beginning of the night, I was apprehensive about the two men meeting. The main reason was Styles and Angie's insistence to meet him, which sounded like a scheme to me. But that wasn't the only cause of my apprehension. I wanted to see how Styles would react when he met him and vice versa. As always Styles held his nice behavior however, the other one didn't look enthusiastic once the couple joined us.

"So you two are friends with Eve for a long?" he asked, breaking the sudden calm that gave a better place to the slow music.

"Yeah, I know her since her thirteen's. And Harry's known her last year," Styles didn't confirm with a nod since he was busy drinking another champagne glass so I acquiesced for him.