Chapter 29

Instagram- Twitter: intox1D

HELLO! SORRY FOR UPDATING 2 DAYS LATER. I WAS BUSY WITH FAMILY REUNIONS. :)
IDK, I WAS THINKING OF MIDNIGHT MEMORIES VIDEO WHILE WRITING A PART OF THIS. LOL :)

*29*

“Cheers!” Payne shouted, lifting his champagne glass.

We all followed his gesture, lifting our glasses up. I observed every face around the table. I had invited a group of five people, to have a housewarming party. I had spent the past weeks in Cambridge for studies. However, when I got informed that my apartment was ready, I ran to Manchester.

Somehow, even if I got my place back in my old life, my mother and I didn’t have contact. She gave me everything I wanted but didn’t say a word. Our phone talks were awkward, yeses and no’s were exchanged. I had some kind of regret about treating her that way, but I attempted to forget it by drowning in my studies. Guilt was chasing me, I had to admit it.

I placed my lips around the brim of the glass and gulped down the champagne. I finished half of the glass in one second.

I smiled at them, in a sort of nostalgia. Having people around me for me was weird. They actually came even though I wasn’t totally sure they would. But every people that I invited arrived or planned to come.

Lens wasn’t present, since I didn’t even attempt to contact him. He gave no news of him since the day I left. I despised him with all my heart. How could he leave me? I needed no one to help me, but he could’ve been presented, instead of vanishing in Paris.

We were gathered in the sumptuous living room. A famous designer had decorated the apartment, he made a great work. The theme turned too heavenly, the rooms were painted in white or in azure blue. The walls were decorated with various types of expensive paintings made of clear colour. A few of them were from Zayn’s collection. It was peaceful.

I was sat in my armchair, looking at my guests. On my right, Tomlinson, Payne and Benson were on the couch.

“I’d like to crash here someday.” Niall said, his head turning in every direction to admire the room. I had invited him, as he asked me if he could get a job in one of Sethi’s boutique. I guess he was the only one who didn’t know me as Evelyn Sethi, just a girl he encountered with, in a taxi.

“You aren’t crashing anywhere here, Niall.” I mumbled looking at him with what seemed like a grimace. “I didn’t invite you to stay here forever, just because I’d like to celebrate a sort of renewing in my life.”

I earned some smiles of approbation. However, I felt an odd atmosphere. It was awkward to invite people I used to keep distance with and try to have some kind of fun with them. But we were quiet, sipping in our glasses.

“So do you agree to come back in Sethi?” I asked, turning my head towards Payne and Tomlinson.

 “Could you not talk about business already, Eve? Weren’t we supposed to have fun around free drinks?” Niall asked, leaning in his chair. He stretched out his arms and yawned voluntarily to exasperate me. I knew I wasn’t a great host, they should all know. That’s why they had to show fake enthusiasm, at least.

“Oh, it’s the way I want it.” I mumbled, somewhat unsure of myself. I had prepared some meals to spend the evening, which I asked from Sethi’s official cook. The coffee table was trimmed of bottles of wine and champagne.

“A party wouldn’t hurt anyone.” Angelica added, winking at the two men in front of her. Complicity was already between them, which surprised me a lot. I nodded as response.