Chapter 8

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

*8*

“Miss Sethi, you should come in.” the doorman said to me, for the thousand times. However, my response never changed, it remained as a categoric no.

I was on the side of the pavement, against the cold wind of winter. Me, Evelyn Sethi, waiting in street for her P.A. I was waiting for this Styles to arrive. I still couldn’t believe what he said to me, the day before. I could recall how scared of him I became, how I let him do whatever shit he wanted to, right after our argument.

My mother used his mother, for days and nights. She did not stop working even though she was home. Helen called her at midnight to finish some work. Anne went home late every day, and she had to do everything: from my mother’s lunches to all the dossiers. Anne suffered with stress and fatigue for months, but she never complained. She always shut up.

I was not even aware of that. I had been in Cambridge and its neighbourhood, for years. I met Anne once or twice a year. That’s all.

I looked down at my watch, it showed 02:10, in the afternoon. He was late, ten minutes, while I was always arrived ten minutes before the time we agreed. I growled, fuming impatiently in anger.

People passed by, disappeared… I stayed there alone, in front of Sethi’s building. I let him go the last day because somehow, I felt pity. At least, I guess it was pity. Anne surely needed him, so I just couldn’t force him into working. But he promised to accompany me to Zayn’s exhibition, which was kind of awkward. I did not even propose but we finally made a deal. He went home earlier, in exchange, he would accompany me. Maybe, he just did not want to stay in the silent room.
I wanted to go with someone else but Styles, but my address book was not full of friends’ number. I only had Benson but she was working. I just could not ask her.

I stayed out of the building to help gossips from seeing us leave together. I had to be discreet since Styles was 'incognito' at Sethi's.

“Miss Sethi!” I heard a male voice.

I searched the person calling me, and found a man with a helmet on his head, running in ny direction. I knew it was Styles, since I saw his brown curls, escaping from the helmet. He slowly removed it from his head, and walked towards me Here he was finally! I sighed and looked back at my watch, 02:23. Twenty minutes. Bravo Styles! I looked up and watch him arriving, hard breathing and sweating. The helmet was fast removed from his head. He - again - was wearing a leather jacket, I still could see his strong chest under his unbuttoned shirt, which made him amazingly attractive. But he had the same shoes, those creepy boots.

I saw his motorbike, on the side of the street. The big machine was scary with flame- stickers on its length. I took my bag back up on my shoulder and looked at him reaching my zone.

“Good afternoon, Miss.” He panted.

I noticed his face became wrinkled, he was tired and his eyes were red. I could just read his fatigue in them.

“Good afternoon, Styles. You’re late!”

“Sorry, I had to drop by the hospital!” he softly said, looking at the street. My attempt to get back my authority was vain. The guilt was running in my veins, even though I did nothing to be blamed.

My mother’s face came up to my mind. She was mean, even devilish… How could she make Anne work so hard? I knew I was not the perfect person either but at least, I was not like her. Not that much.

“It’s OK, then.”

I glanced at my car, it had been a few time Karl waited for us, opening the door.