Chapter 51

HEYYYYYYY EVERYONE! LATE LATE LATE UPDATE! SORRY! I GUESS EVERYONE HAS LISTENED TO DRAG ME DOWN 1000 TIMES!!!!! ITS SO BEAUTIFUL SHI-T. :'D SO PROUD OF THEM!

- A TV show -

*51*

The pain that came with the pleasure of kissing him terrified me. Pushing him away had never been so hard but I had to. I slowly backed up and remove my hands from his hair to settle on his shoulders. His eyes looked at me, his body didn't shift and his hands were still around my hips.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you..." he apologized one more time as his hands were removed from my hips.

"It's okay." I said before turning my heels on him to check my general appearance on the mirror. Some strands of hair sprung from my previous hairstyle and my lipstick almost completely disappeared. With my own fingers, I fixed my hair to give it some order. "We better not leave this room together."

Only the sound of my heels banging against the tiles could be heard. I felt that he followed me with his eyes before I got out. What was he even thinking about? He just came around to kiss me. The worst was that I pushed him further away in kissing, since I missed him. The last memories of us had come up into my mind, our riding in the fields, our intimate moments together, our secrets... It reminded me that even if we had firstly agreed on exclusive sexual relationships, we had sex only once. Most of our time was spent helping the other one for such or such reason.

Once the door closed, I let out a sigh full of frustration, of lack of satisfaction and sadness. None of these feelings had a positive side, I couldn't even be pride for pushing him away. I would like to stay with him, in his arms, but that strong desire gave shivers down my spine, in a negative way. The need to be close to Styles was a struggle between my mind and my desires.

"Evelyn?" I looked up to be met with f-ucking blue eyes of a f-ucking horrible man.

"Lens, nice to see you tonight. Who invited you?" my voice couldn't be soft since my resentment towards him never weakened. He left me, all alone, without any help while my mother blocked my accounts. I knew that, as a fiancée, I wasn't that great. However, what he did to me was unbearable.

"Your mother. I'm still surprised but I couldn't refuse." He uttered and stepped forward. "How're you these days?"

"I've never been that great." I told him, not even trying to show him the mental breakthrough that I'd just experienced. The door swung open behind me and I spun around to see Styles in the frame of the door. He looked surprised to see Lens talking to me but he acknowledged his presence with a little nod of his head.

"Um, I see..." he hissed with an odd glance at Styles. Since he came into my life, Lens never liked him and somehow, the more he got jealous, the more I became closer to Styles. When he got that video of me and Styles making out in the laboratory floor, Lens' anger towards him grew more obvious. I walked away from them, feeling that hostility in the corridor. My feet took me at a fast pace to the grand-hall where the large clock on the wall showed eleven in the night. The dance floor was still full of moving bodies, I joined them, just to avoid questions. Bruno Mars had disappeared, leaving his place to a lady who began to sing soft song.

Patrick joined me and put his hands on my hips. His face displaying a large smile at me but I didn't forget how he acted towards Angelica and Styles a few minutes before. However, to bury this unhappiness, I wrapped my arms around his neck and let him guide me in the dance. Every man invited a woman and joined the middle of the room. I saw Styles coming in and took Angelica's hand.

I couldn't believe he was unsure about him and her. They seemed to live in their little bubble with their love. He must be kidding.

My mouth fell open as my mother who stayed at her place the whole night at her place coming to the dance floor. A young man that I'd never seen before started to dance with her. Everyone must be kidding me, tonight! My mother who couldn't even say something nice had her body against a man.