Chapter 31

Instagram- Twitter: intox1D (follow me)
THANK YOU FOR + 1k VOTES ! YOU GUYS ARE SO ADORABLE. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. WHO WANTS A HUGE AND LOVELY HUG????????

*31*

Evelyn’s POV

My eyelids were heavy, as the desire to keep sleeping swallowed me up. In a last attempt, my eyes fluttered open, seeing the white ceiling of the new apartment clearer and clearer. A huge headache seized me as I sat up. After rubbing my eyes, I discovered the apartment in a pitiful state. How did they make so much damage? Some furniture were moved, bottles and cups covered the large carpet… I couldn’t even tell what were the exact damage or changes, as I wasn’t even in this apartment for 24 hours. I wouldn’t even notice if any little profiteer had taken a precious object.

I realized I had slept on one of the couches in the living room. What did I do? After burning the dress and saying good bye to Styles, Payne and Angelica, nothing remained in my memory. My hands reached under my hair to massage my scalp, soothing the headache.

With clumsiness, I finally got up from the couch. I was barefoot, I finally remembered that I had thrown my shoes somewhere in a room. On the tiptoe, I checked the surroundings.  I could peek at the front couch, where a man - I could tell it by his short hair - was laid on his belly. I slowly walked towards him, making sure I wouldn’t hurt my feet with a piece of broken glass or any cutting thing. I couldn’t be more astonished, not realizing who it could be. Who the fùck slept over at my flat?

He wasn’t dead, as I saw the calm moves of his breathing. Phew I didn’t kill anyone last night. I decided to touch the man with the tip of my finger. He didn’t move. I let out an exasperated sigh. I finally slapped the man’s back harder.

His body rolled over the couch, letting out a huge moan. I never saw him in my life. Perhaps I did see him already, last night but I didn’t remember at all. Who could it be? I found the vase from the coffee table in the middle of the room and threw it at his back, hoping that I didn’t willingly invite him. I could tell by the way the porcelain vase broke that it did hurt him. He startled, jumping off the couch with such a hurry.

His eyes looked at the ground, trailed towards the broken pieces of the vase and then up to me.

“Who are you?” he asked, shaking his head. His hands rubbed his sides, to soothe the pain.

“Huh, who are you?” I asked back in a more astonished way. Of course, I should be the one everyone knew, right?

“Why are you in my …” he looked around, checking whether or not he was in his flat. And he wasn’t.

“Get out!” I yelled. My voice held no composure. I was in nerve, lost and there was an idiot who dared sleeping over at my flat.

“But where am I?” he kept asking in vain.

Anger was ignited inside me as I pulled him out of the flat without even getting explanation.

Once the door slammed, I let out a huge breath of exasperation. What happened? I ran my hand through my messy hair; I was stopped by the tangles of my hair. I made my way towards the kitchen, hoping it wasn’t as terrible as the state of the living room. The kitchen seemed cleaner from my spot of view.

As I slowly approached, an agreeable smell fluttered my nostrils. A good smell of pancakes. I closed my eyes, breathing in the good aroma of vanilla. Realizing that someone was in the kitchen, my body stiffened in sudden worry. Many people stayed the night in my flat, and this one was taking advantage of my house. It wasn’t an hotel…