Chapter 42

HEY BABES! VOTE AND COMMENT MAYBE?

- Dora, the explorer - (Don't judge, I love criticizing nickelodeon broadcasts.)

*42*

I hate lifts. I guess it was just for this day. My stomach twisted in knots, hauling my freshly taken breakfast into my throat. Was it because of my copious breakfast? Or couldn't I get the courage to face Angelica? Everything seemed to get messed up in my head. Should I's, should I not's ran through my mind until the small tone marked our arrival at the right floor.

Someone was waiting for us at the other side when the door slid open. It was Karl, holding a bouquet of nice flowers and a card.

"Good morning, Miss Sethi." He greeted, as the three of us stepped out of the lift. He handed me the flowers, smiling as always. "The flowers from Elise's, as you asked."

"Thanks." I replied, taking them into my hands. The smell was amazing, even delectable. "The car is in the parking, I'll be there in a few."

He brushed past us and greeted the others while taking the key cars from Styles' hands.

"Why did you receive a bouquet?" Styles asked, getting in front of me.

I slowly handed him the flowers, he clearly understood what the point was. A large smile crept on his lips.

"You're just the best!" he cheered, patting my shoulder. My eyes only stared blankly at him. What the f uck am I doing? I had to destroy this bouquet and throw it through a window. Or not. I should leave the hospital with him tied to my hand. Or not. Bipolar mind. Stupid bipolar mind.

"Yeah, of course. She is the best." Francia added, looking at me with round eyes. Even if words weren't exchanged, I could understand the sense of the gesture and fake smile.

"Well, we have to talk before you meet Angelica." I announced dully enough to make him questioning. Francia got in the middle of us, looking at us curiously.

"Continue, continue. Do as if I'm not here." She snapped, curious as always. She pulled her lips, opening her eyes wide.

"I can't do as if you weren't here. You breathe too heavily." She rolled her eyes and walked away from us her arms lazily swinging close to her sides. An almost-dead body was pulled into the operating theatre, passing just near me. Hospitals are terrible places, I told myself. I personally experienced it; I knew it more than anyone else did.

"Let's take a seat before a stretcher run into us." He proposed as we walked towards the bench at the other side of the room. Styles never stopped smiling, while my mood remained sinister.

"With the face you have, I bet it's related to Angie." He continued as he settled next to me.

"Yeah, exactly." I nodded as my muscles tensed up. "Well, this is very complicated but I'm going straight to the point."

His lips pulled apart to let out a chuckle. A mocking chuckle.

"It's impossible for you to beat around the bush anyway, so go ahead." He remarked, leaning his side against the cold metal of the bench. His long arm was stretched along the back of the bench, his hand slightly touching my shoulder. He leant in, waiting patiently for a word.

"Good. We have to stop this right now." I said, hesitantly. He only looked at me, still waiting for something only God knows. Why did the atmosphere suddenly turned hot? I found difficult to speak, the neck of my shirt tightened, strangling me a bit. "I mean, we have to stop this weird relationship now. I'm not taking part in this anymore, find someone else."