Chapter 66

HIIII VOTE AND COMMENT IT'S A LONG CHAPTER TBH. SORRY I HAVEN't PROOFREAD THIS CHAP YET BC IM SLEEPY :) x

THANK YOU FOR THE 52K ITS AMAZING. ILY
MUST BE DEDICATED TO  Deceivinglooks :)

- Kho Lanta -

*66*

Harry's POV

"Oh and don't be a stupid coward again, yeah?" Francia had to make sure I wouldn't just go back. Going back wasn't my thing. But also confessing feelings wasn't my thing. It was only three and Eve was still working. But the f-ucking urge to see her had been chasing me since I woke up.

"Okay, ma'am." She had directly cut the phone call.

Thank god, the new receptionist easily let me in since she remembered me coming with Eve the last day. I chose to take the lift and ran towards it but it didn't f-ucking wait for me.

Frustrated, I impatiently waited for the other one. A few women waited for it, too. When I finally got into the lift, I chose the 12 button.

Leaning my back on the wall, my mind started to drift in deep thoughts. What am I going to do when I see her? Francia told me to invite her at a restaurant. I should do that! What if she wasn't there? Why the hell is my head full of doubts? I never doubted that much before meeting Eve. Cursing under my breath, I drew the women's attention, as if they never saw men before. Oh dam-n it! We were in a place where only dozen of men worked.

I stepped out when I reached my floor and everyone was buzzing around on phone. It was the stage where Eve had her new office. But also the most-crowded stage ever. I stopped walking and stayed in the middle of a corridor.

My anxiety had been on the lowest level before stepping into the right stage. The same question ran through my head: What am I going to do? Francia had given me plans but I couldn't even remember a single thing she explained to me. I never was anxious because of the image she gave everyone. Her image was one of the numerous things that attracted me. However, for that time, her image particularly scared me.
Why did I choose to see her at work? She wasn't herself at work, always ready to yell at everyone to affirm authority.

Taking a sigh, I started to think of what to say first. Why the f-uck am I overthinking?

Ready, confident, forgetting about the anxiety, I walked towards Eve's office. As always, the women in the boxes eyed me strangely, but I didn't care. Except for when Angie's best friend acknowledged my presence with a glare, I hardly gulped my spittle. Shoving my head in the other direction, I could finally pass the area.

When the corridor started to be less crowded, I came across the one I had been looking for, in her usual business attire. She was still away from me, but my feet refused to make another step forward. I watched her walking towards me, letting my eyes slowly discover her.

She walked in her high-heels, her eyes directed on a I-pad she held with one hand. Her black skirt covered her knees but perfectly hugged her curves. Her shirt was a bit too low-cut. That didn't mean I didn't like low-cut short, it just made me lose concentration. Oddly, that day, her hair was down. No bun, no ponytail, she looked absolutely breathtaking.

When she noticed my presence, my heart beat faster, shattering my brain. I walked towards her while she gave the I-pad to an older woman next to her. Her red lips parted with surprise once we were face-to-face. She waited for me to give explanation.

"Hi-oh-hey!" the stupid stuttering left my lips. Dam-n it! Seeing her made me sound really stupid.

Eyebrow cocked, she motioned for the other woman to come. She literally ran towards us and stretched her arm towards me. I smiled at her and shook her hand.