Chapter 67

HI BABES! DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE.
MUST BE DEDICATED To @KatyBeccera
*67*

Harry’s POV

The truth had shaken my head and my assurance. Eve had already mentioned ‘her father’ once or twice, to me. Any trace of smile was washed from her face anytime he was mentioned. All I knew about him was that he left the two of them when she wasn’t even born.

Eve gave her back on me, her arms seemingly folded, again. It was her way to show her disapprobation or her rage. I slowly approached her, unwilling to shake or surprise her. It’d result in enraging her even more, which wasn’t my point since I already f-ucked up.

“Eve, I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” My voice spoke as softly as possible.

“Yeah, yeah. It’s okay.” She said, sounding rather dry at my apology. I wasn’t surprised anymore by her mood-change.
She turned around, letting out a sigh. She seemed calmer, though her face still held the vestige of her previous mood.

“Now, what can we do?” she asked, running her hands through her long wavy hair. She didn’t want to confront the subject, which I chose not to defy.

I totally forgot to prepare anything for the two of us. My eyes checked the whole apartment, in search of something to do. Eve’s demanding eyes rushed me into inventing one thing. The wall-clock informed me it was four: too soon for dinner, too late for anything else.

“Let’s go out.” I spontaneously proposed again. Then, my mind finally proceeded to think it over. “Grab some food.”

She only shrugged off, pushing her lips together. She seemed hesitant. However, she agreed.

**~**
Eve and I had been to the marketplace that was a few blocks away from my apartment. In the beginning, she had been extremely reluctant as to act like normal people. She hated being in crowded places, especially when there were numerous kids around. People had scrutinized us with too much insistence, to my taste. Eve was in her overpriced suit while I casually walked beside her with jeans and t-shirt. We were so different. Difference earned strange reactions with people. That’s what happened anytime Eve and I were out together.

Later, when she discovered everything in the food section, her annoyance slowly turned into some happiness. Acting like a kid, she had filled three baskets with stuff we didn’t even need to make a dinner. She took chips, cookies, pop corn, chocolate and even whipped cream, as if she didn’t eat those in months. Her adorableness was at its highest with her hair down, her cheeky smile and her small excitement. She endlessly told me that she could act so nonchalantly with no one else, but me. Somehow, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking she could just feel something more for me, than just caring a lot about me. Perhaps, wealth didn’t matter that much to her…

“I look like an idiot,” Eve’s voice brought me back to earth and made my head flick towards her.

She was fixing the pink apron above her elegant suit. She looked a bit annoyed with her look, especially when I started to laugh at her. I couldn’t just stop myself from laughing at how strange she looked. It was like thinking of me in one of her suits. She looked motherly and strict at the same time.

“Sorry. For. Laughing.” I spoke with struggle.

“You better be sorry. You forced me into putting this apron.” She hissed, taking her silver wristwatch off. She put it on table and waited for me.

“You look cute. Very cute.” Rubbing my chin with my hand, I observed her remove her black jacket and set it on the back of the couch.

“Thank you; you too.” She mocked me, pointing at my own grey apron.