Chapter 3

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

*3*

I entered the building after I froze in the cold air of November.

I crossed the hall with a strange impression. Everyone was looking at me. It was nine in the morning, and it was my third day in the company. Everything seemed to be OK, except for the man whose name was still unknown for me. I had thrown him out of the building the previous day, I had to call the security. I remember how my smirk grew wider at seeing him on the cold ground of the road surface. His dark green eyes were looking at me, trying to frighten me. But the last image that remained in my head was this man on the ground… with a glare.

But, I was not the one who would be frightened this easy, with a simple glare that is my quotidian. But he didn't seem to know that.

Crossing the big hall of the building became awkward as different eyes kept staring at me oddly. I guess they were just observing the new boss. I mean me. I wasn't in charge of most important points here. I only represented my mother and authority and everything had to be under my supervision before being agreed.
I was holding my phone as I walked into the lift. I cocked my head to one side as I heard ‘Good morning Miss Sethi’s everywhere.

“Is Anne back?” I asked Myrna, the girl who shared the lift with me. I remember her as one of the chemists who worked on the new perfume. She was young, a bit shy, hiding her head with her long hair down all the time.

This was my mother’s pride: giving work to young women with a bright future. She had a team that found smart and passionate girls. Once they finished their studies, my mother offered them a work here, following the studies they made.

“No.” she replied with a weak voice, giving me a fearful glance.
I knew I scared people around me, but their glances seemed to have a different message... not the usual fear I caught.

“So who will work on the new dossiers?” I asked more to myself than to Myrna. As I sighed with annoyance, the small sound indicated me that I reached my floor.

The young woman only shrugged her shoulders, parting her lips but unable to find a reply.

“You don’t have to answer.” I told her, shoving my phone into the pocket of my handbag. I waited for the door to open up on my floor and I made a step forward to leave the lift.

“Maybe you shouldn’t go out.” She said. My eyes ficked towards her, with a questioning frown on ny forehead. She seemed to take some confidence, for unknown reasons. Why would I stay in the lift? “Um, nothing...”

I just shook my head at her as I stepped out of the lift. My shoes touched again this floor, this mosaic of tiles. I started walking as I greeted some of the women in the corridors. They all had the same gaze. I knew people used to scrutinize me but this time they seemed mocking and worried at the same time as If I were about to make my way to death.

What's happening to them all?

I finally reached the office and I glanced at Anne’s desk. And my eyes grew wider as if they were about to explode. He could not be there. Again. I breathed in, shocked. I was shocked. No one had ever been this stubborn with me. I tried to tell myself that I became obsessed with this man but no… He remained sitting on this seat as I finished rubbing my eyes. That is why people looked at me strangely. They all acknowledge his presence and they let him in! Everyone had noticed me following the guard who threw him outside the building... but they let him in!

“You here?” These were the few words coming out from my lips, with strength.

“Yes and I have finished a dossier.”