Chapter 43

HELLO! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT! IT'D TOTALLY MAKE MY DAYS

- Bambi II -

*43*

Evelyn's POV

Finally. My apartment! This was the only place I wanted to be, for the moment. Pushing the door open, my eyes discovered a total mess, which gave me the desire to lock the door and live in another place. I remembered Francia and I left this place in such a rush that we forgot to put our clothes at their places. The unclean cutlery lay on the sofa and the atmosphere was suffocating due to the accumulation of dust. But the maid didn't come to clean off this mess.

I entered the living room, exasperated. I kicked off the clothing lying on the floor. The first thing I did was grabbing the phone, looking for caretaker's number.

"Hello?"

"Miss Sethi, how can I help you this morning?" Ms. Michelson asked politely as every time.

"Um, the maid didn't come in my absence. I want someone to clean this place." I demanded, looking at the wall clock that displayed the hour: almost eleven.

"I'll send you someone as soon as possible. Anything else, Miss?"

I turned around, checking on anything else. "Yes, order my lunch from Scopious and tell them to add to my habitual order two bottles of their best wines, a chateau 1953 if possible. I want it ready in one hour at most. That's all."

"I'm calling them right now. Have a nice day Miss Sethi."

**~**

Finally, someone rang. Ms. Michelson's 'as soon as possible' was a terrible lie. I had been waiting for an hour for the house cleaner. Closing the laptop where I had been working on the papers Francia had sent me, I lazily walked towards the door. I threw my big glasses to the sofa and opened the door.

The person at the door surprised me as I expected to see the maid.

"Hey Eve!" he greeted smilingly. I slightly shook my head, opening the door wide.

"Niall, what a good surprise!" I replied with a warm smile. "What are you doing here?"

He laughed at my question and his eyes looked down at his clothes. A badge hung on his Teddy showing his name and in his hands, I saw a few bags of food showing the name of the restaurant 'Scopious' on them.

"You ordered food, so here I am. The king of food in person." He explained with a weird tone. I smiled at him and offered him to come in. His blue eyes grew bigger as he discovered my apartment.

"Let me guess, another crazy party here?"He asked, walking in as if he lived there too.

"No, just a tidal wave called Francia and me."

He chuckled, stopping in front of the coffee table. He quickly removed some clothes off the piece of furniture, picking one of them.

"You wear this kind of thing?" he asked before throwing it away. Even if he held it in its hand for a lapse of second, I noticed it was a leopard-pattern thong.

"No, no. It's Francia's." I corrected, as he put the bags of food on the table. He just threw me a question look. "Francia is a girl from college."

"Cool." He just said, smiling at me.

"But I thought you worked in one of Sethi's stores in town." I remembered that I got him a job as shop assistant a few months ago and there he was, delivering food.

"Yeah I did." he sat on the sofa to clean a bit everything around the table. "But only for a couple days. I can't deal with the scent in the store and the strange rich women who buy stuff there. They're old and let's say they are somehow nymphomaniac."