Chapter 54

HEY KIDS! NO UPDATE IN A LONG BUT HERE YOU GO, It'S A LIL BIT LONGER!

- Vampires Suck, twilight parody -

*54*

Evelyn's POV

Friendship never counted to me, at least only a few times. It didn't matter to me. I was used to continuous loneliness and I found good to rely upon no one but me. Friendship got people dependent to others. Fortunately, no one ever wanted to be friends with me, except some insane persons. Niall and Zayn were among these insane persons. But I could thank them for it.

"Do you ever drop your guitar?" Zayn asked Niall as he settled on the chair with tiredness.

"My guitar is my wife, duh." Niall huffed, smiling at us. He swept the drop of sweat running from his forehead.

I smiled at him in return, looking around. We had been hanging out the rest of the afternoon in a mall. Zayn wanted to spoil me like a kid. Then, our stomachs decided that we had to stop for food. Zayn and I were about to go to the restaurant but Niall stopped us.

He took us to a pub, not a simple pub. It was the pub where I first saw him. But the most obvious memory I had of that place was my first kiss with Styles. The details of that night amassed in my mind as the time passed. We had been in the back of the room, since I didn't want to be seen in such a place. At that period, I somehow feared Styles and his odd self. He was too mysterious for me to understand. He loved playing with my feelings, a lot. That's what he did by kissing me. It was the beginning of the bed of lies we made up for Angelica.

"Evy, I'm here." Zayn pulled me out of my zoning out.

"I know you're here, duh." I laughed, turning my head back to him.

"Niall!" a girl approached us, bringing along our order. "I didn't know you were here. Help me in the kitchen, please?"

I observed the brown-haired girl in white-and-black clothes and I remembered she was behind the bar the first time I entered the pub. She put the tray on the table, serving my plate of fish and chips and our drinks.

"Sorry Lils, I'm a client today." He apologized, and then pointed his finger towards me. "My friends, Zayn and Evelyn. Guys, this is Lily, my lifesaver."

The introduction he made got me laughing.

"Nice to meet you, guys. I'm very busy. I'm bringing the rest of your order as fast as possible, okay?" She said, before walking back towards the kitchen.

"Your lifesaver, huh?" I asked Niall, interested.

He rolled his eyes at my question.

"Kind of. When I landed, I ended up here with my guitar. I made a few songs with her uncle and brother. And when they heard I had nowhere to go, they gave me a small room at the back of the restaurant in exchange of some help." He shortly explained. My eyes wandered to the back of the restaurant, seeking that room where he must be sleeping every night. But I didn't find it. However, by looking at the poor interior of the restaurant, that small room must be worse.

"Here's the large pizza you guys ordered." Lily was back with the five-cheese pizza. Even though I didn't want to order that pizza, its smell made my mouth water.

"Thanks!" Zayn hissed and slid bills into her hand.

Her eyes became wider as she checked on the money she was given.

"Whoa, thanks." She said before leaving.

I grabbed my fork and stuck it into a slice of pizza. I wanted to know if the scent was worth the taste.