Chapter 63 + thank you so much

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! I love you xx HERE's WHAT I PROMISED!

*63*

Evelyn's POV

In twenty years, I came across different heart-broken persons. In most cases, I was the reason of their sorrow. In twenty years, my eyes settled on cheerless, lifeless and depressed faces. However, in twenty years, I never felt much compassion for them. Their sorrow never hurt me the way they were hurt. I could feel a stinging sensation for a little while, but it stayed there.

But out of all these faces, Angelica's was the most heart-breaking. I only saw her eyes by the small cavity in my door. However, they affected me more than anything else ever did. Her blue eyes were totally soaked, dull and empty of life. Again, I was the reason of that pain that I read in her eyes. Worst, it wasn't the first time! Angelica had always been very helpful with me in any case: younger, she saved me from dying of hunger, she protected me from people's hate, she always defended me, later, she welcomed me at her place when I had nowhere to go, she kept my secrets even though I was mean to her.

But what did I reply to these actions? Hate, pain and betrayal. No one deserved that. No one. It made me wonder why I still keep on living if I only spread pain around me. So many persons had enough strength to care about me, but my unique response was hate. I must be devil in person.

That might be the only plausible reason...

The thought gave me shivers, but that was the truth. Before even reacting, Harry was out of the room, fully dressed and ran after Angie. I sat still on the desk, half-naked. I suddenly felt so dirty for being with Harry.

I didn't know how he could feel. He acted so coldly whenever I talked about Angelica, as if he didn't care. Now, he does care! My phone started to vibrate, shaking me off my thoughts. I ignored every call I got the last days just to keep live in another world, but it was time for me to come back.

"Hey bit-ch! I called you maybe a thousand times." Francia's gross words knocked me out. I didn't talk to her the last weeks.

"I, I," I cleared my throat by coughing hard. "I'm sorry. I need some peace, now. I'll call you later."

My voice was very throaty and when I spoke, the dryness of my throat hurt. I had to think, to stay in a peaceful place for a little while.

Harry's POV

I couldn't think straight since I met those eyes. My legs were shaky, my hands sweaty and my stomach hurting. A destroying feeling was tearing me apart because I was such a d-ick. I wished I could just turn back time so I could've escaped that moment. But that was impossible. I had to fix it. But there was no way I could fix her heart, not after that. She was broken from inside.

So I only chased after her, and then I'd find the words to ... There was no way apologizes were enough to calm her.

She ran in the corridor, attracting people's eyes towards us. Her petite legs didn't take her far away, she got tired fast and stopped walking. She leant her head against the wall, her hair hiding her face. I stopped running, marching at a rather fast pace towards her. I didn't know what to say, how to approach her. I let the faith win.

"Angie, I-" Only her name could escape from my lips. The situation was so complicated that words couldn't come. She didn't move from her position, she only hardly breathed. "We need to talk. I don't want you to leave without explanation." I wanted to add 'like the last time' but I didn't want to remind her another torment.

She looked up, making me discover what my egoism had brought to life. Her beautiful face faded away, I didn't recognize the cheerful blue eyes. They were bathed in pain. Her cheeks had never been that red. The tears took down her make-up, painting black lines on her face. My heart ached at that horrendous vision.