Chapter 41

HEY GUYS! VOTE AND COMMENT (PLEASE)

- Modern Family -

*41*

Evelyn's POV

My mother would always be on my back. I could be an 80 year-old woman, she'd come from her tomb to teach me lessons. I never agreed to enter the same car as my mother. We took my car, fortunately, Francia got her license. I seriously had to learn how to drive a car. However, that wasn't the main problem. How could I prevent my mother from controlling my life? Here was the hardest question to answer. Even though I could ruin her company with an e-mail, no freedom was given to me.

When Styles attempted to intervene between my mother and me, she kept yelling at him. My mind couldn't handle the fact that he had to swallow all the hate she had. I remembered his facial expressions coming dark as her words were crushed at his face. However, unlike me, he didn't protest, he didn't raise his voice and held his calm demeanor. He spoke softly, in attempt to calm the infuriated woman who was my mother. At the same moment, Mr. Julien dragged both Francia and I out of the house with our stuff, leaving Styles and Helen alone.

My ears were stuck to the door. My mother and Styles started an unstoppable fight, which just astonished me. The subject of the conversation mainly concerned my case. Both of them pretended to be my advocates but did they even know my desires? I appreciated how they all defended me; it made my heart melt. However, it was my battle! Hiding behind this seemed coward from me. I had to get back into this room and that's what I did when I pushed the door open.

All I wanted was to stop them. The harsh words they'd been throwing pounded in my head heavily. Also, I could feel all the hate Styles held in his heart pouring out. This wasn't just all about me, his resentment had to burst out someday.

"Evelyn, pick up your stuff and get into the car!" She finally yelled, looking at me. She repeated the same words, attempting to escape the fight.

"Shut up, Helen! You can't control me anymore. Let me breathe!" I managed to respond. My hand seized the bag that laid on the floor. I brushed past Styles, seizing his hand deliberately in front of Helen's eyes. We left the room with hurried pace.

Francia who was waiting in the room followed us with a large smile replacing her shocked face. I waved a quick good-bye to Mr. Julien whose smirk became wider as we quitted his house.

**~**

"I'm so sorry Eve! I didn't know how much your mother was... psychotic!" she excused herself for the hundredth time of the day.

"Oh you couldn't guess." I said, leaning against the window of the car.

"Please don't be mad at me!" I could peek at her through the rear view mirror. She was fluttering her eyelashes at me and smiled mockingly at me. "You know, I was worrying about you. I didn't see you since we left Manchester. I finished our project alone! I was so angry with you for leaving."

I could understand her anger towards me. Yes, I used to do all my group works alone and it had the same effect when it happened to me.

My head slowly turned towards to Styles whose eyes were darted on the road, calm and serious like an averted driver. We still had a little half hour to reach Manchester City so I might hear a few more thousand times Francia's repetitive excuses and her sudden switch of subject.

"Then, I was in the village, talking to one of these sexy models about..." she said, sighing as the image of her sexy model seemed to pop in her head. But raising my brows, she felt my clear lack of interest for the company she kept. "Um, and I saw the car going turning into the fork that led towards that property."