Chapter 40

Instagram - Twitter: Intox1D

HELLO! VOTE (GOAL: 22) AND COMMENT! HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER BC I ENJOYED WRITING IT. :)

- To the world of El Dorado -

*40*

The sun started going down at the horizon behind the trees as we made our ways through the woods. The tiredness swallowed me up, especially my legs that almost couldn't support my weight anymore. But the whole fatigue was worth it. Styles and I made a funny stroll in the woods of the surroundings. Almost forgetting the time, we rode our horses and had a picnic in a clearing.

It sounds romantic, something like a couple would do. Nevertheless, our relationship kept holding its mystery, and the more we spent time this way, the more it was mysterious. I didn't know how to feel about this unclear relationship. Styles, with his adorable demeanor, his generosity and his carefulness, upset the person I had been for long time.

I was slowly getting attached to him, which is, for me, the worst thing I could do. I didn't want to re-experience what I felt when Zayn left town. However, even I if tried to avoid him, I wanted to be with him.

"Phew! We're almost there!" I gasped, stopping my black Arab thoroughbred. Its mane was beautiful, a pitch-black one reminding a dark night and its muscles were prominent, making it look like the stallion of gods. But I could feel its fatigue through its frequent neighing.

"Finally. This was the longest stroll I've ever made!" He grumbled. I peeked at him, jumping from his tall white mare. He ended up falling on the high grasses. I heard him groan with pain, as he didn't get up straight away. Running towards him with fear, I saw him laughing out loud but his face held a painful expression.

"Hey you okay?" I asked, skirting around him to check on his state.

"No! Remind me not to ride any horse again!" his voice complained, keeping still on the ground.

"You're so ridiculous! How did you end up there?" I asked him, starting to laugh at his face. High grasses covered his face and jumbled up with his brown hair. His cheeks were dirty with the mud.

"I don't know, but I think I broke a bone." He admitted, sighing deeply.

"Oh my God!" I jumped from my calmness, looking around. We were still a few minutes away from Mr. Julien's house. If he actually broke one of his legs, how would I take him back to the stable? "I'm going to call someone to-"

Shit! I had left my phone in the mansion and Styles did so to avoid Payne.

"I don't have a phone... Um wait here! I'll come back with Mr. Julien!" was all I could say in a panicky voice. I rubbed my forehead, trying to figure out a better way to help him out.

"Hey Eve! Calm down!" he laughed, extending his arm towards me.

"No, no, I come back in a few seconds." I said, putting my foot on the stirrup of his mare. A few drops of sweat ran from my forehead as I saw him getting up. My eyes became round and I could feel fire burn through my veins.

A slim smile formed on his cherry lips. The panic that came through me disappeared within a fraction of second at seeing him looking perfectly fine.

"Don't tell me you... I'm going to kill you Harry Styles!" I yelled, jumping from the mare to fall more graciously on the ground than he did. The palm of my hand ended up on his face but he didn't try to escape it. His cheeky smile, the mud on his face and the grass in his hair made him look like a four-year-old boy who played like a pig. Even though I put all my strength on the slap, he didn't even look to be hurt.