Chapter 13

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

*13*

I was really relieved about Tomlinson and Payne’s arrival. Everything was okay in the company. The investors were satisfied, which I was proud of. I made the best decision and I could shut the council’s mouth.

I’d never been so fulfilled before. I thought I would drown the company but I made the total opposite.

Tomlinson was creating a new scale of hair products. Payne turned upside down the whole communication department. I wished my mother could acknowledge my efforts, but I knew she wouldn’t. She wouldn’t because this new success was owed to men. The worst thing was that she would come back in five days.

“Miss, I am done doing the last turnover.” Styles’ voice trailed off smoothly.

I looked up, he was in the doorway with sheets of paper in his hand. The past days, he had been obedient; he worked by my rules and always agreed with me. I loved it, even though it was a tad boring.

“Thank you. Put them down on my desk, please.”

I looked down at the screen of my laptop. I was typing e-mails to send to my mother. She wanted to know how the last meeting with the investors occurred.

I heard his footsteps towards me. His hands settled down on my wooden desk with the pile of papers.

“It’s eleven,” he declared. “it’s time to take your pills.”

Where did he know I had to take them before lunch? I darted my gaze up, meeting his.

“Don’t worry, when you asked me to arrange the files on the bookcase, I stumbled on a medical record.”

My fists clenched as I heard I was stupid enough to let my personal stuff lie around. I attempted to remain calm, not to raise the voice immediately.

“Why do you have to take tranquilizers?” he asked.

“Mind your own business.”

He shook his head off and pulled the front-chair out. He settled down on it and leant on the back.

“I didn’t allow you to sit.”

It came back. Styles and I would argue. One of us would win. And maybe, it’d end up to throwing someone against the wall.

“Don’t care.” He challenged, dragging his one hand to his chin to rub it slowly.

Styles came across to be the boss with him looking down at me. It was menacing, but it wouldn’t take over me.

“Tranquilizers since 16 years old?” he half-asked half-stated. Did he read all my records or what? I should have dropped by my flat before coming to work the day I went to the doctor’s. Playing the same game, I leant on my comfortable chair.

“Yes, jealous?” I asked, aiming to distract him from the main subject.

“Kind of.” He stated at my huge contentment. But did he just fall in that stupid distraction so easily. He was too smart to do that. “Maybe it’s about anger issues. But maybe for worst. You’ve taken drugs LEGALLY in three years. Not fair, eh?”

I held my chuckle back. I had never seen the fact I took pills this positive way. It’d been a necessity and an obligation. ‘They’ all needed to be sure I wouldn’t hurt anyone. Once again.

“You know, Evelyn,”

When he came to saying my name, the following words were surely hot or sanctimonious.