Chapter 12

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

HEYO! PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTS ALL ALONG THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE… YOU’LL SEE.  AND BECAUSE YOU CAN COMMENT THE PASSAGES! THERE’S AN ANOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER.

*12*

“Come on Evelyn! You’re crazy!” Lens’ voice resounded in Benson’s room.

Once he was back in town, he rushed to my office. Both Benson and Lens were trying to make me see reason. But I couldn’t go back, the investors would come soon. I had to make this decision.

Benson’s office was just next to mine, so we met there. Lens had nothing to do there, but Benson thought that his presence would make me open up my eyes. McKenzie Taylor was part of the group against me.

“I am totally sane, Lens.” I replied, sitting comfortably in the chair in front of the vice president’s one. Her face frowned all the time, it was even worst because of her wrinkles. She was in her late 40’s so it was normal.

“Miss Sethi, this is not a game.” Taylor said. “The whole company depends on this decision. We’re sorry to say that but you’ve been here for one week and you’re not experienced enough.”

I rolled my eyes; so much this woman was annoying. I knew I would’ve said the same thing, a few weeks ago because my mother’s principles were really important to me.

They were three against me. But I was the one who couldn’t sink so easily.

“I sent Harry home! It was for a good reason!” Benson made her authority express in the whole room. I just wanted to push a mute button to spare me what they were thinking.

“Miss Sethi, the problem is that you don’t seem to know that your mother doesn’t want any man in here. She’s back soon, and she will find out that three men work here.” Taylor spoke slowly, as if I were a kid she should teach. “Perhaps, you won’t get problems because you’re her daughter. But the works council will be severely punished. She can deprive us of our work. You can’t imagine how we will live without our work.”

“Don’t worry, you all have a contract in the company, she can’t do that.”

The thirty-year-old woman sighed. She was deeply on her nerves, looking away from me.

“Eve, you’re turning odd.” Lens said.

He turned my chair, so I could look at him. He seemed so sure of himself. I had never seen him like that. Both hands landing on armrests, he bent over to me. His eyes were straight in mine. He finally dared to do it.

“I knew it’d happen!” he yelled. I scratched my head, looking at him.

“What?”

“He got you in the palm of his hands!” he said, shaking the chair.

I didn’t react, so much he surprised me. His deep blue eyes darted into mine, examining me to find out anything wrong.

“I don’t understand.” I laughed mockingly at him.

“This man you are employing here! You are completely under his spell.”

His voice was shaky. He sounded hurt, which surprised me the most. I shook my head and gave him a shove. I was about to laugh at him louder. But his eyes sank down in a lack of comprehension. I got up and looked up at him.

“He doesn’t charm me!” I replied harshly. I guess, I tell to myself. But Styles didn't charm me.

Lens looked away and pointed at the door.