Chapter 6

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

*6*

I looked up to the wall-clock of the entrance door. It was noon past five and I was really hungry. I did not have time to eat my breakfast. By that time of the day, my belly started to growl for food.

“Where has gone Styles?”  I asked Benson, banging on the table with the tips of my fingers.

I heard my belly groaning louder that I thought that Benson could hear it. She tilted her head forward and tried to hide her face. I could hear her giggle.

She turned her head, to hide herself from me. I only shrugged even if I did not like the way she was giggling. It only reminded me of how Styles made fun of me, when I fell down on the tiles. I was getting vulnerable these last times. I made faux pas, which was terrible for my reputation since I think that the boss never shows weaknesses.

“Well, you don’t have to spread the word.!” I said to her, knowing how much the gossips in this building were annoying.

“Are you that hungry?” she asked, taking a mild assurance.

“My belly doesn’t groan every time for no reason. Yeah, I am hungry.” I told her flatly.

She turned away and laughed. It was the first time I heard her laugh. Then, it was because she always was serious. Benson was not acting normally that day.

“What’s so funny?” I asked, shrugging my eyebrow.

“Sorry, you…” she started as she put her hand softly on her mouth to hide it. The old woman felt like being selfless, today. “Let’s eat in the cafeteria, shall we?”

The cafeteria? I had been there only once, when I was younger. It was the place where I could feel vomit reaching up my mouth with the dozens of persons there. It hated being with people. I lived with a few people during ten years of my life, making my social life difficult.

“Um, I am not sure. I had sent Styles to get me food.” I said, glancing at the door: no Styles yet. I got up and smiled at her. Her face brightened, seeing me get up and smile.
Styles had been sent there half an hour ago, but he never came back.

Benson briskly got up and pulled her chair back.

“It will be OK. Only a few people are there.” She assured me with a growing smile.

**-**

I knew it could not be true, it was noon and half of the employees were taking their lunch in the cafeteria. I was a bit unsure but Benson convinced me to get in.
My mother did not want employees to waste their time in finding a restaurant at noon. That’s why she created this cafeteria. The more they didn’t have time to lose, the more it was profitable for the company.

Once my foot stepped in the large room, one pair of eyes looked at me, and then others followed it. It ended up with all the big eyes looking at me. As if, I did something wrong…. Eyes were mocking, shocked, astonished. I thought my presence did not make them feel at ease. Anyway, it was my company - future company - I could circulate anywhere I wanted. I walked in as if I did not see any of their eyes, ignoring them all.

‘What is she doing here?’ I heard whisper as I walked by a bunch of girls.

I looked back at Benson who was following me with little footsteps. There were people I had never seen in this company. This large room was the only place I could see all of them, different faces filled the room. Every race of the world could be represented in the large room, which was one of the principles my mother had settled. There was no racial discrimination, just a gender one.