Chapter 16

Instagram-twitter: intox1D (I always follow back)
Facebook: Business - Harry Styles Wattpad

(VOTE AND COMMENT ON THE PASSAGES) :)

*16*

" No ! Where are you?" I asked, almost yelling at the phone. My hand squeezed the device tighter.

I was pacing back and forth in the office.

Styles and I arrived a few minutes ago. I recovered from my sudden emotional problems. It was easy to do even though I'd loved staying inside Styles' arms longer but I was a strong woman. I shouldn't have cried for such stupid reasons.

My office wasn't a mess anymore. The woman had tidied up amazingly. I could find everything at their place. A clean room made me feel better even though I couldn't handle the one I was talking to anymore.

I was really serious while the other crazy guys was laughing at me. Yes, Niall was laughing at me.

"Where are you?" I boomed in a furious way. Anger boiled inside me. Why the f uck did he do that?

His laughter was almost the same through the phone but I didn't want to laugh anymore. The alcohol I had gulped down didn't have any effect on me anymore. Jokes didn't work on me anymore. But Niall found it so funny that I was yelling furiously.

He finally could reply me but with a choked voice. "OK OK, we should meet soon."

"Not soon! Right now!" I yelled once again through the speaker.

This time, Styles startled and looked at me. His green eyes horridly scrutinized me, leaving his work for a short time.

"I can't." Niall snapped and I wanted to slap him on his face.

"Do you know what your f ucking stupid trick involves?"

I collapsed on the couch. Styles' eyes looked more worried. He even got up, frowning his eyebrows. I leant on the back of the comfortable couch and listened to Niall.

"No. Tell me." His voice shifted in a more serious way. He didn't realize how important my ring was.

"You stole my ring-"

"No, I didn't. You gave it to me." He stated calmly.

I laughed in mocking way. Why would I give him that precious ring?

"Come on! Don't lie."

"I swear, Evelyn. I swear on my mother's life! You gave it to me."

No. He was lying.

"We have to talk. Right now!" I ordered. I didn't understand why I gave him my ring. It wasn't any ring. It was my engagement ring from Lens. I couldn't have given it away without any reason. I was surely going insane. Styles told me he couldn't recognize me, I couldn't recognize myself either.

"I am not able to come, now. I am assigned to some work."

"Uh, come as soon as possible. And when you arrive, try not to be seen. I don't want anyone to see you around." I explained. A fourth man going up to my office would ruin my whole reputation. I already hired three men, I wouldn't go on.

"Ok Ok. I'll be there by four. See ya!"

I only nodded, as if he could see. I sighed, not in relief, but in more frustration. I was losing control on everything I did. I had never felt so weak. My world was almost upside down. ALMOST. I had to get the control and to reinforce my authority. I had never thought it would be so hard to work and live my own life at the same time. I had always put my life aside and studied. I had no time to rest, I was always active and I liked it.