John Wilmot #1

Imagine you're an actress and you practice your acting with John Wilmot.

1678.

Tonight was the worst night of your life as you rushed to your dressing room, while covered in tomatoes and various foods that were thrown at you on stage by the audience after of the play that you were starring in became a major disaster. It was the opening night of the play and you were immediately booed by the audience during the beginning of the play after you spoke very quietly and quickly had forgotten your lines once your nerves got the best of you. Afterwards, once you got to your dressing room, you've been fired not just from the play, but from also the theater as well.

You, frustratingly, threw off your costume, leaving you only in your corset dress, and you started taking the clips out of your (h/c) hair and throwing them on your dressing room table, revealing your messy (h/l) hair curls.

Afterwards, you stopped what you were doing and you placed both of your hands on the edges of your dressing room table and looked at yourself in the mirror, while panting

Afterwards, you stopped what you were doing and you placed both of your hands on the edges of your dressing room table and looked at yourself in the mirror, while panting. "I'm a failure." You said to yourself, as you looked at your tear stained cheeks and bits of tomato on your face in the mirror before you hung your head down, feeling defeated.

"Quite an interesting performance, my dear." You gasped and jumped a little bit when you heard a man's voice out of nowhere. You turned around and saw a handsome man in a thick brown curly wig, wearing a black cavalier hat with a black feather, leaning against the door frame and holding a cane in his right hand. You recognized him from earlier when the stage manager was making introductions before starting the play. The man standing before you was none other than John Wilmot, 2nd Earl of Rochester and English poet. You instantly felt embarrassed because not only did he see your performance, but you were only in your corset dress and you were a mess with the thrown food on you and your hair not properly fixed.

"Oh, my goodness. Forgive me for tonight's performance, my Lord Rochester." You said, as you quickly curtsied at him. "I truly am sorry for ruining tonight's play. My nerves got the best of me." You added, as you sat down on your dressing room chair, feeling ashamed. John walked up to you and he placed his hand on your shoulder to comfort you. "There is no need to apologize, Miss." He said, which surprised, but mostly confused you. "Um, it's (y/n). (y/n) (y/l/n). Why do you say that?" You asked. "Even though your performance was short and quite a disappointment, I thought about it for a bit and I had made a decision to present an opportunity to you, Miss (y/l/n)." John said.