Sam #2

Imagine you're a comedian and you work at the same place with Sam.

*Requested by johnnyobsessed1919*

Tonight was a very special night for you. It's your first night performing live comedy at a local entertainment club in your town. You've been attending the entertainment club as a customer ever since it opened for almost a year and you enjoy all shows that happen there. Along the side, you've always made your family and friends laugh whenever you told jokes or funny stories to them. You were excited to find out that the entertainment club was hiring a comedian and you immediately signed up for the spot after a couple of your friends convinced you to do it.

You were excited to work along with everyone in the club, especially with one in particular that you've always seen in every performance at the club. The clumsy, yet very talented, Buster Keaton fan, Sam. You've seen him perform on stage with either his bread roll dance or funny stunts he does with his handkerchief. There was one time he did a magic trick with fake flowers and he walked into the audience and, randomly, handed you the bouquet of flowers. It was very kind of him and you still had those flowers to this very day. Since that day, you've been thinking about Sam and his handsome facial features and you later on developed a crush on him.

You were backstage in your own dressing room of the entertainment club, fixing your hair and makeup to make sure it was perfect before going on stage. "Five minutes left until you go on stage, Miss (y/l/n). Sam is almost done." You heard one of the crewmen say. You turned to him and said, "Thank you, Jerry." After he left, you drank a bottle of water and took a big deep breath before looking at yourself in the mirror. You were about to perform right after Sam's act. You haven't met with Sam yet since every performer has their own dressing room and he probably doesn't even know that you're performing tonight. 'Hopefully I'll get to see him after my performance.' You thought to yourself, and, then, you left your dressing room.

As soon as you got to the backstage, you stood at the side of the stage, watching Sam do his grand finale of his handkerchief routine. When he was done, the audience applauded him, even you clapped for him, and he bowed down to the audience. He, then, walked off the stage, towards your direction. "Good job, Sam." The stage manager, Frank, said. "Thank you, Frank." Sam said.

Then, he looked at you and had a surprised look on his face. "Hi, there. I've seen you before." He said. You smiled at him after he recognized you. "Hello, Sam." You said. But before Sam could say something, Frank stepped in and said, "You're on, (y/n)." When he said that, you immediately started walking towards the stage. "And now, for your entertainment of live comedy, please welcome our new comedian, (y/n) (y/l/n)." Frank announced over the microphone. Right after he said your name, you stopped on the center of the stage and a spotlight shined on you, where you could barely see the audience. 'You've got this, (y/n). Make those people laugh.' You thought to yourself before you got started.

"Hi, everyone. And I do mean every 'one' of you here tonight. Yeah, I'm not just talking about you audience. I'm talking to that bartender over there and that waitress up at table three and Frank the stage manager and Sam, the one that just did the handkerchief routine." You said, as you pulled out a handkerchief from your pocket and waved it, which made the audience laugh. You, then, put the handkerchief back in your pocket and said, "Alright, alright. Let me get started on some comedy for you all. Oh, wait a minute. I already did." Then, the audience laughed at you.

"Now let me remind you folks that you all are gonna be watching me, which is a distraction to y'all. Take this guy on my right, for example." You said, as you gestured the single man sitting at the table on the right that's by the stage, who was concentrated on watching you while drinking his glass of wine at the same time. You continued, "Look at him. A concentrated observer, while he's drinking his wine. By the time I'm done talking right now, he'll probably take his last sip of wine before realizing it's completely gone. Oh, gosh. I've once known this one particular slurry, drunk pirate that drinks nothing but rum and whenever he gets so distracted while drinking the rum at the same time, he is, all of a sudden, upset. Why? Because he's asking why the rum is gone!" Then, the audience started laughing, except the man you've mentioned because he just realized that his wine glass was completely empty, which made him set it down on his table and, secretly, grab his flask from his jacket and started drinking it.

***

For the next forty-five minutes, you kept the audience laughing with your hilarious jokes and funny stories. Even the one where you told the audience, "There was this one time I had a frosted pink heart-shaped cookie. They were so good since they're from our own local market. Anyway, right as soon as I bite down on my cookie, the middle of it breaks in half and it all fell on the floor. I look down at my broken cookie and the next thing I said was, 'Aw, man. My heart is broken.'" After you said that last line, the audience burst out laughing.

(A/N: This joke ^^ is actually based on something that happened with me. I ate a heart-shaped cookie and it broke in half, causing me to say, 'My heart is broken'.)

You glanced to the side of the backstage and you didn't know that Sam was still there. He was laughing along with Frank. It was nice to see him there, watching you perform.

***

Fifteen minutes later, you were finishing up your performance with a last minute joke. "Before I leave the stage for the end of my performance, I would like to conclude my act with one last joke for the evening. Here it goes. Why can't skeletons play music in church?" You said. The whole room was silent. "Because they have no organs." You finished the joke and the audience laughed, while they stood up and clapped for you. "Thank you!" You said, as you took a bow and left the stage.

When you got to the backstage, you noticed that Sam wasn't there anymore. You were bummed that he wasn't there because you wanted to see him after your performance. "Good job, (y/n)." Frank said, causing you to snap out of your thoughts, as he patted you on your shoulder. You nodded and said, "Thank you, Frank." Then, you headed to your dressing room.

Once you got to your dressing room, you went up to your mirror and smiled. "You did awesome out there, (y/n) (y/l/n). You killed it out there." You talked to yourself in the mirror. But your smile soon faded away and you looked down, slightly, when you thought of something else. "But I really wish Sam was still here." You said, gloomily.

Then, there was a knock at the door. You looked up at the door and said, as you were sitting down on your chair, "Come in." Then, the door opened and you saw none other than Sam, with a top hat on his head and a bouquet of different flowers in his hand. He walked in, tipped his hat like what Buster Keaton would do with his free hand, and he said, "Hi, (y/n)." You giggled at his action and said, as you tucked a strand of your (h/l) (h/c) back, "Hi, Sam." He walked up to you and he handed you the bouquet of flowers. "For you." He said, kindly. "Why, thank you, Sam. They smell so beautiful." You said, as you took another sniff of the flowers before looking up at Sam again.

"Your performance was great, (y/n). It was very funny." Sam said. You chuckled and said, "Thank you, Sam. I had fun on stage and making the audience laugh. You did amazing too, even though I've only seen the finale of your act." "But you have seen me perform before." Sam said. "That's right and I love seeing you perform, Sam. You really bring Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton to the stage and I love both those actors a lot. I'll never forget that one time you performed and you gave me those 'magic' flowers when you finished your act." You said.

"You know, it's so strange. Because after I gave you those flowers, (y/n), I had this weird feeling inside me that I have never felt before." Sam said. You looked at him, curiously. "What do you mean, Sam?" You asked. "I don't know how to explain it, but whenever I think about you, (y/n), that feeling in my heart starts up again."

When he said that, you started to blush and your heart started to flutter. You stood up, with the bouquet of flowers still in your hands, as you, slowly, stepped towards Sam, who took off his top hat. "Sam, do you...have feelings for me?" You asked, as you stopped in front of him, looking into his brown eyes. Sam hesitated at first, but, then, he lifted his hand and he caressed your cheek with his thumb. "If that's what's happening to my heart right now, then, that's what it is. I do have feelings for you, (y/n)." He said.

Then, without thinking, you leaned forward and pressed your lips against Sam's and you wrapped an arm around his shoulder. You could even feel Sam kissing you back, gently and slowly. Moments later, you both pulled away from the kiss and you both looked into each other's eyes. "I've always had feelings for you too, Sam." You said, while smiling. Sam smiled back after you said that. "You wanna go grab a milkshake with me, (y/n)?" He asked. "I would love that, Sam." You answered. Then, you grabbed your purse and took his hand as you both walked out of your dressing room.