Richard Brown #1

Imagine you're a student and you meet your professor, Richard Brown.

*Requested by Shulyna*

Today's the first day of Fall Term for your Senior year at your university college. You were majoring in English so you can become a well-known writer after you finish college. Sometimes, you would feel like you're the odd one out at your university because almost everyone at your school wanted to major in education, psychology, political science, or many more top majors that a lot of students are majoring in. Since you've started college, you've been focusing on your education than making friends or finding a guy you're interested in going out with.

It was close to four o'clock as you entered into a classroom for your last class of the day, English. There weren't so many students in your classroom, which felt good to you since you didn't like being a big classroom with more than thirty students in one room and having the professor yell across the classroom while they're teaching. You chose a desk that was in the front just before class was about to begin and your professor hasn't shown up yet.

Then, as everyone in the classroom was seated, you saw an older gentleman that looked like he was in his late forties or early fifties walked into the classroom, with a briefcase. You knew he was your professor as he was wearing a gray button up shirt, a black vest, black pants, and a dark gray tie. After he placed his briefcase on his desk, he turned and faced the class, with his hands clasped together, and you somehow felt like you were on cloud nine as you stared at his handsome face. "Good evening, class. Welcome to the first day of English class. I'm Professor Richard Brown. You can either call me 'Richard', 'Mr. Brown', or 'Professor Brown', whatever you all are comfortable with." He introduced himself. 'Wow. For an older gentleman like him, his voice is so attractive and he's so slim. Richard suits him very well. Wait! Stop thinking like that, (y/n)! He's your professor!' You thought to yourself.

"Now, before I begin, if there are any students in here that are in the wrong class, please leave and go to your correct class." Richard said. But no one moved out of their desks and left. "No one? Hm? Well, perfect. Let's get started. Today, I'm gonna make it a short class since it is nearly dinner time soon and I'm sure you all are exhausted after having a long first day of school and I wanna give you all a break for today before we begin with the real deal of this class. Basically, all what we're going over today in class is the syllabus and what is expected in this class." He said, and, then, he turned back to his desk to grab something for everyone.

He grabbed a stack of paper and he passed them off to his students. When he got to you with a piece of paper, you took the paper and looked up at him and briefly stared into his dark brown eyes. "Thank you." You said, quietly. "You're welcome." He said back to you, quietly, and, then, he gave you a small smile, which made your heart skip a beat. 'What is happening to me? Why am I having this feeling towards him after meeting him for only a minute? Plus, he's way older than me.' You thought to yourself.

After Richard handed the last piece of paper to a student, he walked back and stood in front of the class. "What you all have in front of you is the syllabus for the class. I will read to you all out loud and follow along with me as I will go over the rules and policies, expectations, and what assignments and exams I will assign to you all." Richard explained before he started reading the syllabus.

After he read the syllabus and answered some questions from any of students for fifteen minutes, Richard finished class early. "Well, that's all I have for today, class. On Wednesday, we will go over our first lesson and I will give you all your first assignment. Thank you and you're all dismissed." He concluded. Then, all of the students gathered up all of their stuff and they left the classroom. You, on the other hand, was, slowly, putting away your stuff, while you were debating about introducing yourself to Richard. Years before you started college, a teacher in your high school advised you to introduce yourself to your professors on the first day of classes so that way they can get to know you better.