John Dillinger #2

Imagine you're robbing a bank with John Dillinger.

1934.

"You ready, baby girl?" Your boyfriend, John Dillinger, asked you, while you both waited in his Black 1934 Chevrolet Master in front of a bank. You finished putting on your dark red lipstick and, then, you looked at John. "Gotta look my best when I'm ready, Johnny." You said, smirking, while holding up your handbag. John smirked back at you and said, "You always look pretty to me, (y/n)." "Thank you, Johnny. Now, let's go get us some money. When this gets done, we'll be the next Bonnie and Clyde." You said. "Oh, much better than that, baby girl. We will be much better than those two now that they're both dead." John said. "John Dillinger and (y/n) (y/l/n). I like the sound of that." "Nah. More like, 'The Dillingers'." He said, while looking down at your left hand, with an engagement ring on your finger. You blushed after he said that. "I like that much better." You said.

Then, John glanced down at his pocket watch and it was 3:58 pm. "Alright, doll. Let's go." He said, and, then, he pecked your lips and straightened out his coat. After that, he checked to make sure he has everything he needed and he got out of the car. You put your leather gloves on and, then, you got out of the car and stood next to the car, waiting for John. He came around the corner, looked for anyone walking by, and, then, he leaned against the car. "You know what to do, baby girl." He said, by your ear, using his head to gesture you to go. You, then, started walking towards the entrance of the bank, without any suspicion.

***

You met John Dillinger when he was staying at your parents' house when he was hiding from the police after robbing a bank with a couple of his gang members. He convinced you to come with him after he got to know you and, without hesitation, you agreed to come with him. You packed your stuff, snuck out of your parents' house, and you ran off with John. He left his gang so he could spend some time with you, teach you how to use a handgun, eventually, rob banks together when the time came.

***

Right now, you're about to rob your first bank.

After walking into the bank, you, casually, walked around, glancing at people. You found a line of people that were waiting for their turn for a banker, so you walked over there and 'waited' in line. You looked up at the bank clock on the wall to see what time it was and it was 4:00. 'It's time, John.' You thought to yourself.

Then, as you predicted, you, suddenly, heard John shouting, "Everybody, down! Now! On the floor! This is a stickup!" A few people screamed as the bank alarm started going off. The people in front of you got down on the floor, with their hands behind their heads. You, slightly, glanced to the side and saw John, with his Thompson Submachine Gun in his hands. A small smirk appeared on the corner of your mouth as you watched him. He glanced at you and, quickly, nodded his head. You, then, started walking towards the banker window and walked around the corner of it, while you opened your handbag and put your gloves hand in it.

"Miss, get down. There's a robbery happening." An older gentleman that was one of the bankers said, sounding scared. You, quickly, took out your 1911A1 handgun that John had given you, put your other hand on his shoulder, and you pointed the barrel at his temple. "And I want you to start giving me your money or this bullet goes right through your head, sir. Open the safe." You said, as you forced the man to walk towards the safe door, with the barrel still held against his temple. He whimpered as he tried to find the right key to open the safe. "Hurry up!" You shouted. "Okay, miss." The banker said, panicking, as he found the right key and opened up the safe. "Good! Now put the money in the bag!" You demanded. The banker, then, grabbed a nearby white, fabric bag and started putting the money in it.

You glanced up at John, who kept an eye on everyone in the bank, and he gestured his head towards the exit door; meaning that it was time leave the bank. You nodded back to him and, then, you turned back to the banker, who filled up the whole bag. "Give it to me!" You said, snatching the bag out of the banker's hands. With your handgun pointed up and the bag in your other hand, you walked backwards, making sure no one wasn't following you. "Stay down! All of you!" You shouted.

Once you were next to John, he wrapped his arm around your waist and he whispered by your ear, "We gotta go, baby girl." You nodded and, then, you both ran towards the exit, with John still pointing his Thompson Submachine Gun at people. You both walked out of the bank, ran towards the car, and got in. You could hear distant sirens from behind the car and you knew what that meant. You looked behind the rear window and saw police cars pulling up. "John, we've got company! Let's get out of here!" You said. John started the car and started driving off. You could hear shots being fired from behind, so you rolled down your window, pointed your handgun towards the cops, and started shooting.

As soon as you and John were at a far away distance from the police, you got inside the car and rolled up the window. You and John cheered. "We did it, Johnny!" You said, happily. "We sure did, (y/n). We got ourselves some money. You were wonderful, doll. I've never seen you so anticipating. You sure know what you're doing. That's what I love about you." John said, with a smug on his face, while putting his hand on your shoulder. "It was exhilarating, Johnny. I've never felt like this before. I'm a risk-taker. Oh, we are so much better than Bonnie and Clyde." You said. John shook his head, slowly, while chuckling at your excitement.

"Oh, I love you so much, (y/n). I'm glad I'm marrying you." He said. You looked at John and said, "Same with me, Johnny. Let's go as far away from Chicago and get married. Where no one will know where we are." You said. "Smart thinking, baby girl. We'll go somewhere where no one will never find us." John said. Then, you leaned forward and gave him a kiss on the cheek as he continued driving further down the road.