Sweeney Todd #4

Imagine you're comforting Sweeney Todd when he's having a nightmare.

*Requested by ebrown895*

You were in the Meat Pie Shop, with your mother, Mrs. Lovett, sweeping the floors after closing. Your mother was at the counter putting away all the kitchen supplies and wiping the flour off the counters. As you both were continuing your duties, you both, suddenly, heard thumping sounds coming from the ceiling. But the sounds weren't coming from the ceiling. It was coming from the barbershop that's owned by Sweeney Todd.

"Why is Mr. T making all that noise? It's nighttime and there aren't any 'fresh supplies' with him around this time." Your mother asked, sounding a bit annoyed. "Want me to go check on him?" You asked, as you set the broom against the wall. "Yes, please do, darling. I don't know how much longer I can handle that noise. It's so not like him after all." Your mother said. "Alright. I'll be right back, mother." You said, and, then, you ran out the Meat Pie Shop and headed up to Sweeney's barbershop.

***

It's been two months since you've met Sweeney after he came back to London after being sent to prison on a false charge made by Judge Turpin for fifteen years. When you saw him for the first time, you didn't except to meet a very handsome man. After you met him, you couldn't get your mind off of him. You couldn't get your mind off of his handsome facial features, his dark brown eyes with dark circles below his eyes, his black hair with a white stripe on the right side, and his attractive voice. But your mother bothered you whenever you heard her muttering about marrying Sweeney and having him all to herself. It bothered you because you didn't see Sweeney as a father figure to you. It was more of a romantic feeling that you had towards him that your mother was unaware about.

***

When you got to the barbershop, you opened the door and didn't see Sweeney at his shaving area. Then, you heard a thumping noise from his bedroom. You, quickly, walked towards his bedroom, opened the door, and saw him shaking his head and shifting around in his bed, with his eyes closed. The thumping noises came from his unsteady bed. As you looked down at him, curiously and worried, you realized that he was having a nightmare.

You walked around the bed where Sweeney was, sat on the bed next to him, and you started shaking him, gently, to wake him up. But he wasn't waking up. "Come on, Sweeney. Wake up." You said, as you continued to shake him, a little harder this time. But he still wouldn't wake up and he was moving his head side-to-side as if he was fighting to wake up from his dreadful sleep. You didn't know what else to do as you stopped shaking him.

Then, you thought up an idea. You turned to the door to make sure your mother wasn't there, which she wasn't, and, then, you turned back to Sweeney. You hesitated at first, but after a couple of seconds of deliberating, you leaned down and pressed your lips against Sweeney's. When you kissed him, you could feel his lips turning from cold to warm. It felt wonderful to finally kiss Sweeney after having romantic feelings for him for the past two months. Seconds later, you pulled away from the kiss and sat up as you looked down at him waiting to see if he'll wake up.

Moments later, Sweeney woke up, shouting, "No!", as he sat up and started hyperventilating. You put your hands on his shoulders and said, "Sweeney, it's okay. It's over. Your nightmare is over." Then, Sweeney started to calm down as he was taking slow deep breaths. Once he stopped taking slow deep breaths, he looked up at you and he, slowly, brought his hands up to your face as if he was checking to see if it was really you. "(y/n)?" He questioned, as his fingertips caressed your jawline. "It's alright, Sweeney. I'm here." You said, softly. Then, he let out a sigh of relief as he wrapped an arm around you and rested his head on your shoulder. You wrapped your arms around him and held him close to you as you embraced him with a comforting hug.

A couple minutes later, you broke the silence. "Feel better, Sweeney?" You asked. "Yes." Sweeney answered. You pulled away from the hug and you looked at Sweeney and noticed a single tear running down his cheek. "What happened, Sweeney?" You asked. "It was horrible, (y/n)." "If you don't wanna talk about it, that's fine." You said. "No. I'll talk about it." Sweeney said. You nodded.

"I had encountered my father in my nightmare. He never treated me like a son. For all these years, he's done nothing but hit me, call me a 'failure', and wanted nothing to do with me. Then, I saw a flashback of the day I was taken away from my Lucy and Johanna by that Judge Turpin. After I was taken away and sent to prison, all I did was stare at the rotted concrete wall, waiting to get out. Then, suddenly, you appeared out of nowhere. Bright and beautiful, like an angel, with those beautiful (e/c) eyes and your gorgeous (h/l) (h/c). You smiled down at me as you leaned down and kissed me. I wanted to kiss you back, but I felt like I couldn't move. Then...Then, all of a sudden, Judge Turpin took you away from me and all I could hear were your cries for help. I tried to save you, but I kept struggling to move. Then, the last thing that I saw was my father, telling me I'm a 'failure' once again." Sweeney told his nightmare, with another tear running down his cheek.

Your heart ached the whole time while Sweeney told you everything that happened in his nightmare. He didn't deserve that treatment from his own father. He didn't deserve to be taken away from his wife and daughter and sent to prison by Judge Turpin. But what shocked you was that you were there with Sweeney and you kissed him, just like you did when you tried to wake him up. But it broke your heart when he mentioned that Judge Turpin took you away from him and he couldn't save you. "Oh, Sweeney. That's terrible. You didn't deserve any of that. But you don't have to worry anymore. No one is gonna harm you. Not even your father. One day, you'll take your vengeance on Judge Turpin for what he had done to you. But more importantly, I'm right here and I won't leave you." You said.

When you said that last part, Sweeney put one hand on your back while his other hand under your legs and, then, he lifted you up, in a bridal style, and laid you down on the other side of the bed. He hovered over you, closely, while he held you close to him with one arm and stroked your (h/l) (h/c) hair with his other hand. "Stay with me, love?" He asked, softly. You nodded and said, "Of course, Sweeney."

There was nothing but silence for a few seconds as Sweeney stared down at you, studying your face. Then, he finally asked, "(y/n)?" "Yes, Sweeney?" You said. "When you kissed me in my nightmare, I felt a warmth coming from you. It was as if you were really kissing me while I was sleeping at the same time. Is it true?" He asked, curiously. You blushed after he asked you if you really did kiss him while he was kissing you in his nightmare. You nodded and said, "It is true, Sweeney. I did kiss you while you were having your nightmare. It was the only way to wake you up since you wouldn't wake up from me shaking you."

Then, Sweeney leaned down a bit where his nose was brushing against yours, which made you blush even more. "Why don't we try it again, for real this time?" He asked. You smiled after he asked you that. You could still feel his lips against yours from earlier and you wanted to feel them again, but while he's awake this time. "Yes, please." You answered. "But first, I have one more thing to ask. Will you be mine once I kiss you, (y/n) Lovett?" He asked. You smiled up at him as you answered, "I will be yours as long as your mine, Mr. Sweeney Todd." Then, with a smirk on his face, Sweeney finally closed the distance and pressed his warm lips against yours. You closed your eyes and kissed him back while you wrapped your arms around his neck as the kiss was becoming deeply, passionate.