Sweeney Todd #12

Imagine you're part of a bet when there's a contest between Sweeney Todd and Pirelli.

It was around the afternoon as you were walking through St. Dunstan's Market with Sweeney Todd, a barber of Fleet Street who was known as 'Benjamin Barker' before he was sent to prison on a false charge by Judge Turpin fifteen years that had just returned under a new name not too long ago. Your sister, Nellie Lovett, had sent you out to get some groceries for her Meat Pie Shop, that was underneath Sweeney's barbershop. You asked Sweeney if he wanted to accompany with you and he, for some reason, didn't hesitate to say 'yes'.

His response was rather strange to you because you knew he was married and has a daughter before he was taken away from them years ago. But after he found out from your sister that his wife, Lucy, had poisoned herself after what Turpin had done to her, Sweeney seemed like he needed someone by his side for support, like you, especially he stared at you with admiration in his dark brown eyes when he first met you. From your perspective, you found him very attractive, like his slim body and his fluffy dark hair with a white stripe on the right side of his hair. But you kept those thoughts to yourself since you just met him and you didn't want to make your sister jealous as she finds him very attractive as well.

As you and Sweeney were walking through a crowd of people, you noticed Sweeney came to a complete halt. You turned and saw that he was glancing over to the side, staring at someone, with hatred in his eyes. You looked over to see who Sweeney was staring at and you saw Beadle Bamford, Judge Turpin's henchman, walking through the crowd. Sweeney opened his coat, revealing his razor holster that contained his barber razor, and was about to walk towards The Beadle, but you quickly stopped him. "No, Mr. Todd. It's best if you don't make a scene here." You told him. Sweeney, then, put his coat over his razor holster, but kept his hatred stare at The Beadle as you both started walking again.

When you were about to approach a table with many types of potatoes, you and Sweeney were caught by the attention of an Italian accented man in blue extravagant clothing, a black top hat, and a purple cape on a miniature stage with a boy standing next to him, shouting out, "Signori per favore." It caught the attention of nearby people, who approached the front of the stage out of curiosity. You and Sweeney looked at each other for a second before the two of you approached the crowd to see what this Pirelli had in store for everyone.

"Come get a shave today from the King of the Barbers and the Barber of Kings, Adolfo Pirelli, for a generous price. I also have here a great concoction of my latest hair tonic. Miracle Elixir." Pirelli announced. "Toby!" He commanded the boy with white blonde hair next to him. The boy named Toby, then, started handing out sample bottles of the hair tonic to gentlemen close to the stage and they all observed it. One gentleman near you and Sweeney had a sample bottle in his hand and he opened the lid, where you got a whiff of a revolting odor.

"Ugh. Sweeney, did smell that awful stench?" You asked. "I did, (y/n). We're nowhere near an open drench. Pardon me, sir, could I borrow that bottle?" Sweeney asked the man next to him with the sample bottle and the man handed it to him. Sweeney, then, removed the lid and sniff it for a second and he immediately had a disgusted expression on his face. "This isn't hair tonic, (y/n). This is nothing but piss mixed with ink." He stated. He turned back to the man he borrowed the sample bottle from and told him, "Sir, I wouldn't buy a bottle of this supposed miracle concoction as it is a guarantee errant fraud."

"Word is going around that my elixir is piss? Who says this?" You heard Pirelli asked, demandingly and angrily. No one in the crowd didn't say a word until you heard someone say, "I did." You and everyone in the crowd turned towards the one who spoke up, which happened to be Sweeney. You were surprised that he would do something like that. He walked up, slowly, towards the front of the stage and said, "I'm Mr. Sweeney Todd of Fleet Street. I have opened a bottle of Pirelli's Elixir and I say to you that it is nothing but an errant fraud, concocted from piss and ink. Furthermore, Signore, I have serviced no kings, as you mentioned you're the 'Barber of Kings,' yet I wager I can shave a cheek with ten times more dexterity than any street mountebank."