Sweeney Todd #1

Imagine you discovering something and you try to tell Sweeney Todd.

(A/N: This imagine contains some lines from a couple of songs from the movie.)

You're (y/n) Lovett, the daughter of Nellie Lovett, who owns a Meat Pies Shop in London. Ever since your father died, you've been helping your mother manage the shop, even though business was not running successfully. That was until Sweeney Todd, a very skilled barber, came along and your mother suggested that he should put his customers in the meat pies since he was taking his vengeance on Judge Turpin. Sooner or later, the shop has been successful, with the customers not realizing what the meat pies were actually made of.

Ever since Sweeney came along, you've developed feelings for him. Even though he was a bit older than you, he still looked handsome to you, with his black hair that had a white stripe on the right top part of his hair.

You felt horrible about his past as Benjamin Barker, his real name. He was taken away from his wife, Lucy, and daughter, Johanna, and was thrown into prison for fifteen years on a false charge by Judge Turpin. After that, your mother told you that Lucy had poisoned herself after what Turpin had done to her. When Sweeney found out about Lucy from your mother, he's been more focused on plotting his revenge on Turpin.

***

It was night time as you were cleaning the outdoor tables by the shop. As you were cleaning, you saw a beggar woman approaching you. "Oh, I'm sorry, ma'am, we're closed." You told her. The beggar woman looked up at you, with the light shining on her face. "Oh, never mind, deary." She said, and, then, she turned around and left.

Right after the beggar woman left, you looked towards her direction and started thinking. 'Where have I seen that woman before?' You thought to yourself.

All of a sudden, you remembered seeing a woman in a photograph in Sweeney's barbershop. The woman in the photograph was Sweeny's wife, Lucy. That's when you, suddenly, realized who the beggar woman was when you compared her and the photograph of Lucy together. The beggar woman was Lucy. You gasped afterwards.

Then, you rushed inside the shop to tell your mother. You approached her from behind the counter. "Mother, you're not gonna believe this." You said, excitingly. "What is it, (y/n)?" She asked. "I found Sweeney's wife, Lucy." You answered.

Your mother was a bit shocked at first, but, then, she asked, "What are you talking about, (y/n)?" "The beggar woman outside the shop is Lucy. I know it was her." You said. "No, it can't be her. You're probably seeing things, (y/n)." Your mother said, sounding like you're crazy or something.

"I'm telling you, mother. It was her. She's alive. We gotta tell Sweeney!" You said, as you were about to turn to the door, but your mother grabbed your wrist and turned you around. "No, (y/n), you shouldn't do that. It's a bad idea." She said. You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion. "What do you mean 'it's a bad idea', mother? Sweeney will finally have his wife back." You said. "Because it is, (y/n), and he doesn't need his wife back." Your mother said, a bit sternly.

It didn't make sense to you of why your mother acting like that. Until you realized something. "You knew Lucy was alive, didn't you, mother?" You asked your mother, narrowing your eyes at her. She didn't answer. "And you lied to Sweeney about her?" You said.

Your mother didn't say anything for a few seconds until she said, "He deserves a better wife than that old bag...and you too, (y/n)." Your eyes widened and you felt like something had struck your heart after she said that. "Me?" "Don't think I haven't seen you stare at Mr. T with lovingness in your eyes, girl. I can tell you have feelings for him." Your mother said, scowling at you.