Sweeney Todd #13

Imagine you're running away from your husband and you meet Sweeney Todd after getting a job.

*Requested by 1-80000-THRANDUIL-*

(A/N: I'm excited to announce that I'm going to be an auntie of five now.)

It was a dark, starless night in the town of Dartford as you were almost done packing your stuff into your suitcase before your husband, James Trever, came back home from the pub. After two years of dealing with his abusive, controlling, intoxicated behavior, you made the decision to leave him for good and go somewhere far away where he can't find you. Once you had everything packed, you went to the closet, took out a shoe box from a well hidden spot, and collected all of your savings and put them into your purse. You grabbed your suitcase and walked out of the bedroom and headed for the staircase. You walked down the stairs, grabbed your coat off the coat hanger, and, then, you quickly walked out the door.

Afterwards, you came upon a coachman and asked him, "Excuse me, sir, would you take me to the docks, please?" You, then, reached into your purse and took out some money you're offering to him to get you there quicker. The coachman saw the offer in your hand and nodded, indicating that he was accepting your request. "I can certainly do that for you, madam." He said. You handed him the money and you got inside the carriage. Once you sat down, the coachman picked up the reins and the horses started moving the carriage forward towards the direction where the docks were located.

As you were getting further from your house, you, suddenly, heard a slurry voice shout, out of nowhere, "(y/n)! Come back here!" You turned around and saw James, in a drunken state, chasing after the carriage, while losing his sense of balance. You knew he wasn't gonna catch up to the carriage with the condition he was in, but you were still worried that he would end getting you and taking you away. You turned back and ignored James' shouts. The coachman even turned his head back to see what the commotion was, but you told him, desperately, "Go faster. Please, sir." Then, the coachman turned back to the horses and the carriage started going faster, getting even more further away from James, who fell down on the ground, still shouting out your name. You let out a sigh of relief as you couldn't hear his voice any longer.

Sooner or later, you finally made it to the docks, where you saw men loading up a ship that looked as if it getting ready to depart. Once the coachman pulled on the reins to stop the horses and the carriage came to a complete halt, you grabbed your suitcase and the coachman helped you out of the carriage. "Thank you kindly, sir." You thanked him. "Much obliged, madam. Safe travels." He said, which you nodded back at him, and, then, he went back to his seat, took the reins, and the horses started moving the carriage away.

Afterwards, you headed to the ship as quick as you could see two men getting ready to remove the gangplank from the ship. When you got to them, you asked, "Excuse me. Where is this ship sailing off to?" "To London, Miss." One of them answered. You instantly thought it would be the perfect location to get further away where James wouldn't be able to find you. "Any chance I could climb aboard? I could pay for it." You asked, as you were about to reach into your purse to offer a payment. But the man that had answered for you waved his hand as a way of saying 'no'. You stopped what you were doing and looked at him.

"No need to do that, miss. You're more than welcome to climb aboard the ship without charge." He said, and he gestured you to walk up the gangplank to the ship. "Oh. I kindly appreciate it. Thank you." You said, without hesitation, and, then, you walked up the gangplank and boarded onto the ship, where you took a seat on a barrel on the side of the ship. A couple minutes later, the ship started sailing. An older sailor walked up to you and said, "Excuse me, miss. It's awfully cold out, there's some available beds below deck." You shook your head, while not looking at him, and said back, "I'm fine where I am. I need some fresh air and get things cleared from my mind." The sailor, then, walked away from you, leaving you alone where you were at.