Tarrant 'Mad Hatter' Hightopp #1

Imagine you're sick and Mad Hatter tries to take care of you.

*Requested by GrindelwaldSparrow*

You woke up one morning, feeling cold. It was confusing because your bedroom was usually warm. When you tried to sit up, you felt slightly dizzy and your head started aching. You didn't take the risk of getting up once you realized that you were possibly sick with a fever. You laid back down and covered yourself with the bed cover, trying to keep yourself warm. "Great. What a great day to be sick." You said, sarcastically, as you placed your hand on your forehead, feeling the achiness in your head.

Moments later, you heard your bedroom door open. You looked up and saw your best friend, Tarrant Hightopp. But you and everyone else calls him 'Hatter' or 'Mad Hatter' because he makes hats for a living and he's a bit...mad.

You've been friends with Hatter ever since you came to Underland with your childhood friend, Alice. You admired his uniqueness when you first met him; his pale skin, his frizzy, curly electric orange-colored hair, his light green eyes, his cute lisping talk, and his mad personality. After Alice left, you've been visiting Hatter and the others from Underland to keep them company. Eventually, after visiting so often, you and Hatter became very close best friends. You wanted to live in Underland with Hatter, but you didn't know how to tell your parents. So you told them that you're traveling the world and they, surprisedly, accepted it. You packed all your stuff and moved to Underland with Hatter.

Hatter walked into your bedroom, giggling, gleefully, with a teacup in his hand. When he saw you in bed, he said, "Ah, (y/n). You are terribly late for tea. Naughty, naughty." He said, playfully, while lisping a bit. "I can't go down for tea, Hatter. I'm not feeling well." You said, a bit drowsy. Hatter looked at you, confused, which was understandable because no one in Underland rarely ever gets sick and Hatter wouldn't know how to take care of someone if they're sick.

"Not feeling well? What's that?" He asked. "It means I'm sick, Hatter. My head hurts—" "Oh, my. Do you need a band-aid?" Hatter interrupted, sounding worried. You tried to hold back a laugh because you found it funny. But with the condition that you're in, you didn't feel like laughing. "No, I don't need a band-aid, Hatter. Anyway, my head is aching, I feel cold, dehydrated, and I don't feel like getting out of bed. I think I might be running a fever." You explained.

"A fever?" Hatter questioned. "Yes. Which reminds me, could you go into my bathroom and, behind the mirror, there is a thermometer. Could you go get it for me, please? I gotta check my temperature." You asked. "Uh, sure. But...what's a thermometer?" Hatter asked, looking confused, while scratching the back of his neck. You explained what it was, what it looked like, and where's it's at. Then, Hatter went to the bathroom to go get it.

Seconds later, Hatter brought you the thermometer and, then, you asked, "Hatter, do you have your pocket watch with you?" He checked his vest pocket and he took out his pocket watch. "I keep it with me always." He said, smiling. "Good. Could you time it for one minute?" "Of course. Ooh. There it goes. Tick. Tick. Tick." He said, while staring at watch and continued saying 'tick'. You placed the thermometer in your mouth and waited for the results. You glanced up at Hatter as you kept hearing him say 'tick'. "Hatter." You mumbled, with the thermometer in your mouth. Then, Hatter stopped and said, in a sort of raspy voice, "Sorry. I'm fine."

After waiting a minute, you took the thermometer out of your mouth and looked at what your temperature was. "Well, my temperature is 102." "Wow. That's a big number." Hatter said. "Yes, it is, Hatter. That means I do have a fever. Guess I'll be staying in bed for a while." You said. Then, you cleared your dry throat and felt thirsty. "Hatter, could you bring me some water, please? I wanna drink some before I rest for a bit." You asked. "Of course, (y/n)." Hatter answered, and, then, he left your bedroom and went down to the kitchen to get you a glass of water.