Gene Watson #1

Imagine you meeting Gene Watson and you help rescue his daughter.

*Requested by okdanmaardit*

It was ten minutes before Governor Eleanor Grant was gonna make her speech in the ballroom at the Bonaventure Hotel as you were walking through the crowd of people, heading to the bar to get a drink of water. You're a journalist writing about the event and you were nervous because this was your first time writing an article for the local newspaper and you wanted to make a good impression on how you were gonna cover your story. You kept thinking of ideas what you were gonna write about, but not one interesting idea has come in mind.

"Vanessa!" You heard a man's voice nearby, calling out of nowhere. You turned around and saw a handsome looking man with glasses, facing your direction. "Hey, Vanessa." He said, towards your direction. You furrowed your eyebrows, in confusion, as you turned around and saw no one behind you before turning back to the man who was calling you 'Vanessa'. He looked at you as if he was nervous, panicking, and was in desperate need for help. Then, he started walking towards you, quickly, which made you turn around and walk away as quick as you could.

All of a sudden, you felt a hand grab yours and, then, you turned around to face the same man. You noticed that he was drenched in sweat, his tie was undone, and his dark brown hair was a bit messy. "Oh, Vanessa. I can't believe it's you. It's been a long time since I've met you." He said, as if he was pretending. "Sir, I'm sorry. You must have mistaken me for someone else. My name's not Vanessa." You said, trying to get out his grip. "But don't you remember me? From high school?" He said, and, then, he winked twice. "Sir, I don't know who you are." You said. "Oh, it's good to see you again." The man said, and, then, he wrapped his arms around you, tightly.

You were struggling to get out of this man's arms. "Okay, whoever you are and whatever medication you're on, leave me alone." You said. Then, the man turned to the side and leaned towards your ear and whispered, desperately, "Miss, I'm in danger and I need help. Please, do what I do. I'm being watched." When he said that, you were starting to get the feeling that he wasn't lying, so you went along with what he was doing by wrapping your arms around his torso and saying out loud, "Oh, it definitely has been a long time." "Let's talk around the corner. I don't want them to see me with you." The man said, and, then, he escorted you around the corner where the restrooms were and he entered the women's restroom.

Once you both you were in the restroom, with nobody in it, the man released you and he turned to face you. "Okay, who are you and what is going here? Why are you calling me 'Vanessa' and why are you hugging me? I don't even know you." You said, crossing your arms. "Okay, listen. Let me explain. My name is Gene Watson and I'm in danger and so is my little girl." The man named Gene started explaining. "What do you mean?" You asked. "There's these two people that have kidnapped my daughter and they're making me assassinate Governor Eleanor Brown by 1:30 or else they'll kill my daughter." Gene explained, desperately.

When he explained that, your (e/c) eyes widened. "Why are they making you do it?" "Because it has something to do with them being against the Governor and they need me to assassinate her after they encountered me and my daughter at the train station earlier. I want nothing to do with this. They've got my daughter in a van across the street from here and I can't do anything to save her or else they'll kill her if I don't follow their orders." Gene explained. "Well, let's go get the police or maybe tell Governor Brown's bodyguards or whoever works for her so that they can help you." You said, as you were about to leave the restroom, but Gene grabbed your wrist to stop you.

"I can't go to the police and anyone who works for the Governor can't help me." He said. You turned around, confused. "What do you mean?" You asked. "Because they're involved as well, even the Governor's husband is involved too. I witnessed the Governor's assistant getting shot by one of the staff members." Gene answered. When he said that, you were starting to feel nervous. "So, why are you getting me involved in all of this?" You asked, crossing your arms. "Because I can't trust anyone around here and you seem like the only that I can really use some help." He said. You didn't say anything for a few seconds until you asked, "Y-You're actually being serious about all of this?" "Honestly, I really wish I wasn't being serious." Gene said, looking straight into your eyes, indicating that he's telling the truth.