Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Lux's Point of View

After everything that happened at the cotillion and everything that happened between me and Chuck it was a relief to spend a week in Florida with my grandparents. It was just enough time away to realize how demented I must have been to sleep with Chuck and then lie about it to everyone. I don't know why I thought he would be different with me. He's always going to be scheming and conniving to get what he wants at any cost. I almost admire how wicked he can be at times, but that's not who I am. That's not the person I want to be with no matter how right it felt when we were together. No matter how good he made me feel.

Christmas was quiet with my grandparents. We went shopping, cooked dinner and opened a few presents. It was a wonderful vacation from the madness of New York. Blair on the other hand had her hands full with her father Harold and his new beau Roman. I think Blair texted me every five minutes to give me a play by play on what went down. When I left it was supposed to be Blair, Eleanor and Harold having a nice family Christmas Eve with the exception of Nate joining in later. But, Roman arrived unexpected sending Blair into a catastrophic tailspin. She was hopeful that she could convince her father to end up staying in New York, but it turns out he really cares for Roman.

Chuck has been radio silent for the entire week I've been gone, which if I am being honest terrifies the hell out of me. It means he's probably plotting some way to get back at me for ending things between us. But, can you really end something that never even technically started? We had sex twice and made out numerous times, but I wouldn't exactly call that a torrid romance. Ugh, he completely screwed me up. He's a parasitic ass, whom I slept with and let get under my skin. What does that say about me? I totally didn't stalk his Facebook page at all over break either. Except I did, and I saw all of the pictures of him and his bimbos in Monaco...

"Are you guys sure about this?" I asked, hesitantly keeping an eye out while Serena searched through her purse for the key to the schools aquatic center. It's my first night being home from Florida and Blair, Serena and I have been wondering around to all of our favorite hotspots when Serena had the brilliant idea for a pool party at the school. Nothing could go wrong, right?

"It'll be fine mom!" Blair hissed as she texted Koti and Is to come join us.

"Found it! Let the fun begin!" Serena snickered as she unlocked the door and we headed into the school. We ran through the gym and entered the pool area. The light blue water was aglow illuminating the entire auditorium.

Before I knew it more and more people began to show up turning our quiet pool side girls night into a full on party with all the trimmings of alcohol and drugs. Girls scampered about in their bikinis while the guys chased them and tried to shove them in the pool. Nate and Chuck arrived and joined in on the fun. I stayed on the opposite side of the pool, steering clear of Chuck. He was drinking vodka and sitting in the life guard chair gawking at me. Shouts, squeals and giggles were heard prominently over top the bass and beat of the music filling the room.

"Why don't we turn that one piece into a no piece?" Chuck suggested eyeing Serena up and down in her cute little black one piece bathing suit. I pulled my legs out of the water and stood up, followed by Serena.

"Why don't you find a floaty to talk to Chuck?" Serena quipped back glaring at him. I smirked and stood beside her trying to avoid looking at his bare chest. His skin was slightly tan from being in Monaco with his father over break.

"You know if my father and your mother come back from Australia engaged tomorrow, we'll be brother and sister." Chuck said, leaning into Serena flirtatiously. I'd almost forgotten that Bart and Lily announced they were dating while I was away for Christmas. Who would have thought that? I guess Lily's trying to bag another billionaire.