Chapter 74

Fanfic: Empire Ch 75, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the support and for all of your kind words. It truly means the world to me. You all have no idea how much writing these stories and reading your messages and reviews has helped me over the months. It's been a rough few weeks for me, but I think I'm finally coming back to myself after the whole medication issue! I wish I could hug each and every one of you, because you all are so sweet and wonderful! **e hugs** will have to do! lol.

Enjoy this super long chapter!

Chapter 75

Lux's Point of View

Chuck's eyes were fixated on me from across the courtyard. I could feel them burning into my skin, or so it seemed. I clenched my jaw shut granting him an icy glare in return and silently formed brick walls around my heart so he couldn't get in. I've said it before, but this time I mean it, I'll never let that Bass-hole hurt me again. Not after this. Not after opening my heart completely up and practically placing it in his hands only for him to slam it onto the ground.

Dean Morganton excused us all after his little impromptu speech. Students and parents scattered about crowding the small cobblestone paths throughout the courtyard. A flash of blonde hair caught my attention out of the corner of my eye; Serena stood tall across the way staring down at her phone. She's probably giving Poppy a play by play of the day no doubt. Blair groaned beside me and I swear I actually heard her eyes roll into the back of her head. This feud or whatever you want to call it between them has gone way too far.

"Oh good, I needed something to put my gum in." Blair cooed, snatching the copy of Women's Wear Daily I'd picked up on my way here out of my hand. Serena's face graced the front page with its presence. "I'm so ready to be surrounded by people more like me and less like her. Ever since the fashion show Manhattan has turned into Serenaville."

"B, forget about Serena for the time being. She's heading to Brown and we're heading to Yale. This is your weekend to shine bright like the star that you are." I told her with a wide grin, sliding my arm through hers. She smiled brightly soaking up my compliment greedily. I shook my head and laughed as we slowly made our way towards the doors to head back inside.

"Are you ready for your interview?" I asked as we walked along. As if I didn't already know her response. Blair's been holding practice interviews for Yale since she was like six years old. We'd play "Dean of Admissions" when we were younger. I'd be the Dean and she'd be the interviewee.

"Of course, if there's one thing I know it's that I give a good interview. I could make Larry King cry. Since the dean handpicks the guest's that will attend his private reception right after their interviews, I'm a shoo-in." Blair explained for the millionth time. She's worked her ass off all of these years for this opportunity. I was proud of her. If there's one thing I know for sure about Blair Waldorf, it's that she is ambitious. All of the years she's spent studying and on a thousand different committees will finely pay off when she gets her early acceptance letter into Yale this spring.

We walked inside the building and ran directly into Serena as she came rushing out of the girls bathroom in a hurry. She smiled tightly and smoothed out her blazer. Blair crossed her arms over her chest protectively and gawked back at her with a forced smirk. It was all fake smiles and pleasantries.

"So, you're both off to Yale?" Serena asked, cracking the thin ice we were all skating across at the moment. Blair rolled her eyes and walked past Serena.

"Your deductive reasoning skills are perfect for a place like Brown." Blair called out bluntly over her shoulder. I sighed and followed alongside Serena after her. Can't we all just get along for like ten second? Apparently that's just not an option these days.