Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Lux's Point of View

I'd decided to just go home and catch up on school assignments instead of meeting the girls for an earlier dinner. I placed my texts books out on my bed and my notebooks below them starting to work on my portion of mine and Chuck's shared World History paper. Every few moments my eyes would roam over to my messenger bag hanging on the back of my desk chair. The test was still tucked nice and snug down in the very, very bottom of the bag. I'm not taking it because I'm not pregnant. I'm just not. I shook my head and continued to work on my paper, writing notes down and researching phrases online.

My cellphone buzzed by my leg and I picked it up to see ten messages from Serena and three or so from Nate. I scrolled the messages to read them, chewing on the end of my pen. It was a habit I picked up from Brandon. Whenever we'd work on homework together I would watch him do it, until I eventually started doing it too.

Where have you been? I haven't talked to you in forever! - N

Sorry, been busy. What's up? - L

Not a whole lot. I was wondering if you wanted to come see The Captain in rehab with me and Blair next week sometime. He really wants to see you too. - N

Sure. I'd love too. We'll talk about it more tomorrow. Paper isn't going to write its' self. - L

Sounds good to me, nerd.-N

Dork! Lol. - L

I laughed and let my phone fall onto the bed. The Captain has been in a pretty high end rehab facility since after Thanksgiving. The first few weeks he was there he wasn't aloud any visitors until he made it through the detox phase and got all of the drugs out of his system. It'll be nice to see how he's doing. I pulled my sweater sleeves up to my elbows and sat Indian style on my bed with my laptop, ready to churn this damn paper out. I was halfway done typing when I heard my bedroom door open. I glanced over my laptop to see Serena staring at me pointedly. I hadn't returned any of her texts. I probably should have known she'd show up her. I never should have involved anyone else in this. It would have been so much simpler.

"Hey, S. What are you doing here?" I asked, focusing on my computer once again.

"Oh, you know I was just in the neighborhood. Come on, Lux. You know why I'm here" She said, pushing my laptop screen closed practically crushing my fingers in the process. I glared at her and took a breath.

"I'm actually having a decent evening; I don't really want to ruin it." I informed her getting up off the bed and heading out of my room towards the kitchen to grab a green tea out of the fridge. Serena was hot on my trail as we descended the stairs side by side. She grabbed my arm forcing me to stop and look at her.

"I understand why you don't want to face what might actually be happening right now, but you need too. I'm not giving up. I just can't wrap my mind around how you guys could have been so reckless." Serena said as I shrugged out of her grasp and headed into the kitchen. I opened the fridge door so I could hide behind it for a moment. I know I should just take the damn test, but what if it's positive? Then how do I handle it.

"Well, I'm sorry unlike some people I haven't been on the pill since I was fifteen." I snapped back, slamming the fridge shut and heading back upstairs.

"You know what, I am giving up." Serena retorted, as I stopped and turned to look at her on the steps. I'd hurt her feelings by saying what I'd said, but I didn't care right now. Only, I did care.

"I'm sorry. Okay, I'll handle it. I promise. Don't worry about me." I told her as she put her hand on her hip and shot daggers at me.

"You better." She instructed me. I walked down the hallway towards my room. "I'm not pregnant!" I yelled back down to her before shutting my door and slumping down onto the floor behind it. I sat my green tea on the floor next to my feet and ran my hand down the side of my face. I'm so stupid for sleeping with him...