Chapter 1: Coming Home

Edited: May 25th 2020, this is a disclaimer. I own nothing but my original characters and original storylines. Everything else belongs to their respected owners. No copyright infringement is intended.

I am beyond thrilled to be posting this first chapter! I am a diehard Gossip Girl fan. Loved it from the beginning and I hope you enjoy my story. My OC Lux is seventeen years old, living with the Waldorf's. I'm starting all the way back at season 1 episode 1 and going from there! Please drop a review and let me know what you think! Good or Bad! :-)

Lux is portrayed by Troian Bellisario

If you'd like to follow Lux's Instagram page for story updates and other cute Empire related content you can do so here: @eastsidelux

Chapter 1

Lux's Point of View

Looking out of my bedroom window, the bustling New York City streets unfold beneath me, bathed in the warm hues of the setting sun. I'm nestled in the window seat, torn between the coziness of reading my book and the vibrant party downstairs. Letting out a sigh, I gather the resolve to get up, swinging my legs over the edge and stretching my arms—time to dive into the excitement.

My gaze drifted towards the expansive closet that held an abundance of clothes. There, I spotted a gorgeous black lace dress with spiderweb patterns, hanging on the closet door. The housekeeper Dorota had set it aside for this specific occasion.

Slipping into the dress, I found it slightly loose around my tiny waist, the hem falling just above my knees. Looking in the standing mirror by the closet, I noticed how much I was starting to look like my mother and a sad smile graced my face. The resemblance between us is uncanny – the same express dark eyes that seem to hold a universe of emotions, the delicate curve of the nose, and the high cheekbones that give my face a sculpted elegance.

As I trace my fingers along my defined jawline, I can't help but contemplate how much I resemble my mother. She was always my role model, a strong and graceful woman who navigated life with a sense of purpose. Growing up, I often heard people say I was her spitting image, and it filled me with pride. It still does even to this day.

But it's not just the physical features we share. As I study my reflection, I see hints of her personality too. The determination in her eyes seems to shine through mine, and the faint smile on my lips carries a hint of her warmth and kindness and determination.

I wonder how it must have been for her when she was my age, looking into her own mirror and seeing a reflection that resembled her mother – my grandmother.

"Lux! You better be getting dressed!" Blair Waldorf, my best friend and basically sister, yelled at me through our shared bathroom.

"I'm dressed already." I told her with a small laugh as I entered the bathroom.

The marble counter showcased a luxurious spread of makeup, boasting brands like Chanel, Tom Ford, and YSL. Blair flashed me a knowing smile, engrossed in elevating her already flawless look with these high-end products. Amidst the beauty chaos, I joined the creative frenzy, adding my own strokes with a touch of Dior and Charlotte Tilbury.

It's been a year since my world completely changed. Sometimes I wondered how I even got out of bed some days, and then I remembered it's what my parents would have wanted me to do. Continue living life to its fullest. My parents died in a car accident in Rome a little over a year ago, but it feels like it just happened yesterday. The memories of that day still haunt me, invading my thoughts at the worst possible times, like right now.

They had gone to Rome for their fifteenth wedding anniversary. It was always a dream of my mother's to see the Coliseum and throw a quarter into the Trevi Fountain. Daddy always tried to make all of mommy's dreams come true.