Chapter 48

Fanfic: Empire Ch 48, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

A/N: A new OC will be introduced in this chapter. His name is Caleb Andrews and he is portrayed by Robbie Amell. Enjoy guys!

Chapter 48

Lux's Point of View

Nate and I spent the entire afternoon catching up with each other. A lot of stuff had gone down when we weren't talking to one another. Not talking to Nate hurt worse than not talking to my actual brother Brandon. We walked up and down Cooper's Beach while Nate informed me that The Captain had fled the country after the wedding earlier in the summer. It didn't surprise me really. I can't say I'm not going to miss him, but not nearly as much as Nate would. Regardless of his bad choices, he was still his father.

"I still can't wrap my head around you and a married woman Nate!" I squealed as we both flopped down in the sand next to one another. Nate chuckled and shook his head.

"Yeah, kind of like how I couldn't wrap my mind around you and Chuck?" He retorted. We both laughed as we watched the wave's crash into the shore then slowly creep back off the beach quietly.

"We met early in the summer at one of my mother's charity events and sort of hit it off. When it started it was just sex, and to me it still is just physical...I just wanted to have fun and let loose after everything that happened this past year." Nate explained as a little five year old girl toddled down the beach trying and failing miserably to fly a dinosaur kite.

"I'm not judging. You're just playing a really dangerous game, Nate. Just be careful." I told him looking over at him; he smirked and nodded his head. I laughed and looked away. We are all huge walking disasters waiting to happen.

"I have to ask though, what about you and Blair or Vanessa?" I said looking at him out of the corner of my eye. He sighed and lowered his head contemplating the two girls in his mind.

"Vanessa didn't really work out. Blair would never trust me again even if I did want to try and work things out..." Nate breathed scooping up a handful of sand in his hand and letting it trickle through his fingers slowly. The whole reason Blair dragged James here was to throw it in Nate's face, which meant even after everything she still cared enough about him to try and make him jealous.

"Do you want to get back with Blair?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Sometimes I do, yeah. It's hopeless though. She's dating that guy James or whatever the hell his name is. I met him earlier he's got the world's worst accent. Where the hell is he even from?" Nate replied as I cracked up laughing. Nate and Blair will be the death of me if Chuck doesn't kill me.

"There's always hope Archibald." I reminded him as I got to my feet and pulled him to his. He looked at me funny before we started walking back to the car.

"Are you talking about me and Blair or you and Chuck? Not that I really want to know anything about you and Chuck together, but what happened. I mean from what I could tell you guys were happy before you left for Tuscany or whatever. Then he comes home early without you." Nate questioned me. There is no hope for Chuck and me to fix things ever I thought. Not after what he did...

"It's complicated." I whispered as we reached the parking lot. Being with Chuck was the happiest I've been since my parents died. He made me forget all of the terrible things that have happened. I never expected him to turn into one of the terrible things that happened though.

"For what it's worth, even though I was pissed I was still rooting for you guys. When Chuck came home he didn't seem himself, he hardly hung out and just spent like a month stoned and boozed out of his mind in his suite." Nate informed after we got in the car. I pulled out of the parking lot and headed home. There were hardly any posts about Chuck on Gossip Girl after he left me. That must have been why.