Chapter 63

Fanfic: Empire Ch 63, Gossip Girl | FanFiction

Chapter 63

Lux's Point of View

It's nearly fall now, my favorite time of the year. Fall for most people brings Starbucks Pumpkin Spice lattes; my personal favorite, hoodies; that have been tucked inside our closets for the summer, fires; burning in the fireplace to keep you toasty at night. But, if you live in New York City, it brings stilettos and incredibly sexy super models strutting around in this year's latest couture that make you feel inferior. I'm sorry; I like cheeseburgers way too much to ever have a career in modeling.

When the white tents blossom in Bryant Park, it can only mean one thing- fashion week, the time of year when any Park Ave princess would trade her last Prada Pochette for front row seats to the best shows. And we hear the seating chart to Eleanor Waldorf's show is being made by our very own B! I'll keep you all up to date with all the latest from this year's fashion week! Stay tuned kiddies!

XOXO - Gossip Girl

Well, Gossip Girl sure seems to be as excited about fashion week as Blair herself. She's been running around ragged helping Eleanor prepare for the upcoming event for nearly a week now and by that I mean she's been running me ragged running around helping Eleanor get ready for the show on top of making sure everything is set for the charity show afterwards. One of my mother's old friends Amelia, that works for the American Cancer Society contacted me and wanted to have breakfast with me and go over some of the details for the charity auction after the fashion show tomorrow night.

I closed my phone and slipped it back into my Tory Burch Robinson tote bag, and quickly maneuvered my way around a half dressed blonde model to catch up with Blair. Eleanor had agreed to let Blair handle creating the seating chart for the event this year. We'd stopped by the atelier where Eleanor works before school so they could go over it one more time, in case B needed to make any last minute adjustments.

Things have been strange with Serena and the other girls in our group since the whole Dan and Amanda disaster a little over a week ago. It seems like Serena has been pushing Blair out of the group more and more by the day and I don't understand why. The other girls in our little clique are so superficial and flock to whoever can entertain them more for the night. Here recently it's been Serena. I can tell it's been annoying Blair from her constant bickering with Serena. Plus, she's been totting around with some socialite Poppy Lifton since they went to some M.O.M.E Event last week.

Whenever there's a quarrel between Blair and Serena I'm thrown in the middle, and they both want me to side with them and I can't because it just makes things worse. So things have been strained between all of us lately and I can't help but think Chuck is at fault. His snide comments last week were a dead giveaway. I wish he'd just go smarm somewhere else and leave me alone.

"This art director just ran off with the husband of this photo editor," Blair explained animatedly, pointing down to the gigantic seating chart in her hands showing Eleanor as she inspected one of her silky blue blouses hanging off of the shoulders of a model. She mumbled something to the seamstress and turned her attention elsewhere. "So I sat all of Vanity Fair between them. I figured we'd want to avoid a catfight in front of the catwalk." She went on with a devious smirk. I couldn't help but laugh at her and smile. Blair was in literal heaven here, surrounded by clothes, shoes, photographers. This is where she belonged.

"I told Laurel my daughter could make a better seating chart than that drug-addled publicist. It's a blessing she was hauled off to rehab for stealing her son's Ritalin." Eleanor quipped, as she flitted across the room to move on to the next model. Seamstresses and assistants bustled about the atelier making all of the final changes needed to the clothes, per Eleanor's request.